• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy Mini (S5570) update error(s)

btwien

Lurker
Jan 31, 2012
Hello all,

I am very pleased with my Galaxy mini (S5570), apart from the fact that uploading a lot of apps is not possible, due to the lack of (internal) memory...

Some apps I can still upgrade, but others not. It gives an error that it could not do the upgrade due to memory problems. When the upgrade is too big, it won't do it.

We tried the app-to-sd solution, but that won't always work for certain apps. Is there another solution out there that might work? I can't get my photo app (Lightbox) due to this problem and that makes me a bit unhappy :)

Thanks for any input!

Thanks karandpr, appreciated! It seems to be working...

Apparently, I was too fast in saying the comment above :] The SD card is partitioned and Link2SD installed, but while trying to move certain apps to sd manually, it gives this error:

pkg: /data/app/Joansoft.dailybible-2.apk Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_CONTAINER_ERROR]

Does this mean my sd card is not well partitioned or what...?
Thanks for any input!

Upvote 0
Hello all,

I am very pleased with my Galaxy mini (S5570), apart from the fact that uploading a lot of apps is not possible, due to the lack of (internal) memory...

Some apps I can still upgrade, but others not. It gives an error that it could not do the upgrade due to memory problems. When the upgrade is too big, it won't do it.

We tried the app-to-sd solution, but that won't always work for certain apps. Is there another solution out there that might work? I can't get my photo app (Lightbox) due to this problem and that makes me a bit unhappy :)

Thanks for any input!

Try installing a2sd or s2e app by partitioning your sdcard. Find complete information on that at Handy Informations

:)

Upvote 0
@ karandpr

Forget what I wrote before:

Apparently, I was too fast in saying the comment above :] The SD card is partitioned and Link2SD installed, but while trying to move certain apps to sd manually, it gives this error:

pkg: /data/app/Joansoft.dailybible-2.apk Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_CONTAINER_ERROR]

because that part is working...the only thing that keeps not working is when I try to install NEW apps.

It still gives the error (as before) that installing it on SD or memory failed.
Any advice on this?

I tried to find the option in Link2SD to automatically install new apps on SD, but I could not find it?

Thanks for any input on this, appreciated!

Upvote 0
@ karandpr

Forget what I wrote before:

because that part is working...the only thing that keeps not working is when I try to install NEW apps.

It still gives the error (as before) that installing it on SD or memory failed.
Any advice on this?

I tried to find the option in Link2SD to automatically install new apps on SD, but I could not find it?

Thanks for any input on this, appreciated!

AS I said in my previous post ; either use s2e or a2sd since they are really easy to handle. :) I am sure You won't get any problem with them.

Upvote 0
hi dear friends .....

i have a problem withmy galaxy mini after rooting my mobile ...that is after i root my mobile i got some error that is when i restart my mobile the get s bigger than as normal ....so anybody can help to put my mobile as normal position and plz help me to find a good solution for that .....ur friend sajid .........and one more thng it was happenend by i use one root tool used to download font......

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones