• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy music player doesn't like OGG files

fightingirish

Apr 19, 2011
I've had my Samsung Galaxy Victory for four months so far and like it. Though I like it even more after rooting and removing a lot of Samsung bloatware. One Samsung app I do like (or that at least has a feature I like) is their default music player app (v. 5.0.5). Not even close to a perfect app (only one small widget, doesn't stop when removing headphone cable, starts up randomly), but I do like the music square shuffle feature, which allegedly sorts by mood and tempo. Unfortunately though, most of the music files on my phone are encoded in ogg vorbis format. The only files it likes are mp3. It'll play them, but won't index them on the music square at all.

Anyone know of a solution to this, or perhaps an updated port of the Samsung music app that sorted out the kinks? Or maybe another music player with a similar feature? I'm currently on Jellybean 4.1.2. Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones