• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Android Jellybean (4.1)) Continuous Reboot

enigmab17

Lurker
Jul 13, 2012
Hi all

Just a quick question. I've got a Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus. About an hour ago I got the notice saying that Jellybean was ready to be installed, so I downloaded and installed it.

Now I am having this issue where the phone is continuously rebooting its-self.

-> Phone powers up, I see Google Logo.
-> New wait screen comes up (blue, red, yellow and green "x" symbol)
-> PIN number screen comes up
-> about 2 seconds later, back to the new wait screen and this just continually loops back to this "X" screen (I do not see the Google logo again)

Have tried taking out the battery, same result after phone initially just boots up.
Have tried hard-resetting (i.e. recovery mode), gets to the icon where the android icon is lying down with an "!" mark, but then just reboots as normal and goes into the same process as above.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on/how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance

Regards
enigmab17

Sorry for the late reply, was trying to resolve it without wiping, but unfortunately there was nothing else to do.

Rebooted into recovery mode and reset to factory default, which since JB4.1 was loaded reverted phone back to its original state, and JB aswell.

All working ok now, other than a cpl of issues with some 3rd party apps, but that's for another day.

Not sure why it happened, was very odd.
Thanks for all the assistance anyway! :)

Upvote 0
Sorry for the late reply, was trying to resolve it without wiping, but unfortunately there was nothing else to do.

Rebooted into recovery mode and reset to factory default, which since JB4.1 was loaded reverted phone back to its original state, and JB aswell.

All working ok now, other than a cpl of issues with some 3rd party apps, but that's for another day.

Not sure why it happened, was very odd.
Thanks for all the assistance anyway! :)
did this method wipe your data completely ?

Upvote 0
I had same problem with rebooting .... discovered bu accident that turning of my Netcom modem that my nexus would boot as normal ...so i turned of the wifi on my phone then turned the modem back on and all is fine. I did this several times and so it is a WiFi software issue. I can replicate this scenario as often as I like so it is confimed ...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones