• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy note 2 GT-N7100 HELP

Hi guys bought this phone of a local forum in london a week ago. was brand new, i opened it myself. For the first week it worked without a hitch. Well last night it stopped making and receiving calls or being able to send messages or receive it. When you try to call it just drops the call immediately and sometimes says not registered on network. The strange thing is it still works with no issue otherwise and it even uses the 3g via my t mobile sim without a problem using the internet etc.

Ps as above reception isnt an issue

I have tried different sims on the phone to confirm its not my sim

Any ideas?

Hi djstrauss281 welcome to Android Forums.

Going on where you bought it and what's actually happened. I'd say with 99% certainty that it's been reported stolen/missing and is now IMEI blacklisted. Bit odd that data still works with a T-mobile SIM though. Probably the only things you can do is either try and find the person who sold it to you, or hand it in at a police station.

Upvote 0
hi there, thanks for the advice. just emailed the seller now, luckily i have all his details. seems odd that the 3g everything still works and if the guy was a scammer why he would let me pick the phone up from his house(even though it is a 100 miles away from me!)

o well, hopefully gets resolved otherwise this has been a very expensive mistake:(

Upvote 0
hi there, thanks for the advice. just emailed the seller now, luckily i have all his details. seems odd that the 3g everything still works and if the guy was a scammer why he would let me pick the phone up from his house(even though it is a 100 miles away from me!)

3G internet could well be handled by a separate system to phone calls and SMS. That's why it works and phone calls and SMS are blocked.

I wonder why he was selling a new-in-the-box Galaxy Note 2 on a London internet forum. Hopefully it was an unwanted gift or something and he's not a fence.

Years ago on Usenet, it was "Help, I bought this Nokia on Ebay, and now it can't do phone calls and texts.". That was always a very frequent occurrence. It was how I knew straight away what your problem was.

o well, hopefully gets resolved otherwise this has been a very expensive mistake:(

Good luck anyway, hopefully you'll get it sorted. :) ...and if it cant be sorted you've got a 5.5 inch Samsung Android tablet.

I know Samsung Galaxy Note 2s are rather expensive phones, they're one hell of a price here in China. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
3G internet could well be handled by a separate system to phone calls and SMS. That's why it works and phone calls and SMS are blocked.

I wonder why he was selling a new-in-the-box Galaxy Note 2 on a London internet forum. Hopefully it was an unwanted gift or something and he's not a fence.

Years ago on Usenet, it was "Help, I bought this Nokia on Ebay, and now it can't do phone calls and texts.". That was always a very frequent occurrence. It was how I knew straight away what your problem was.

Good luck anyway, hopefully you'll get it sorted. :) ...and if it cant be sorted you've got a 5.5 inch Samsung Android tablet.

I know Samsung Galaxy Note 2s are rather expensive phones, they're one hell of a price here in China. :rolleyes:

Hi there well got hold of the seller and its a strange one really. He reckons he has sold loads without complaints and he has more in stock. He immediately offered me a full refund for me to send the phone back or a replacement unit.

From the sound of things he either gets them in bulk from europe or somewhere or something in that line as he seemed just as confused as i was. Either way will take the cash back me thinks. Pitty as I got it for a very good price

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones