Samsung Galaxy Note 2 help, pull out app menu: how to get rid of itSupport

Last Updated:

1. Triantha

Triantha New Member

Hi Folks,
    l have a wierd pull out app menu/shortcuts bar at the bottom of my home screen, which looks like a blue half circle, and when selected there are shortcuts to Facebook etc. The problem is that l cannot find a way to get rid of it in any of the settings menus, and it persists in whatever app or video is on screen. Pressing and holding just allows me to move it around the bottom edge of the screen. Any help would be appreciated, l don't know what this thing is called which makes it very difficult to search for help.

2. annebrooks64

annebrooks64 Well-Known Member

This is the dual pane window feature you have pulled up. To either use it or get rid of it simply long press on the back key
  3. Joephilpott

Joephilpott New Member

Could you be more specific please on how to get rid of it cause I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks
  4. marlbororman

marlbororman Well-Known Member

keep your finger on the back key for couple of seconds it will dissapear, do it again it will come back, sort of like a toggle switch ;)
  5. marlbororman

marlbororman Well-Known Member

oh by way, on that menu bar, you can drag any two apps to the main screen and it will split screen into two to use both together, just tap the back key at bottom right to close em.
  6. RBA2000

RBA2000 New Member

He there Androids!

Does anybody knows how to ad an app (other then Google apps) on the menu bar?

7. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

You can't by default. Probably possible once you are rooted. I also read on another forum about a workaround where you need to get a hold of original apk for the app, and recompile it with a few additional code lines to enable this app in multi window view. I'm just hoping someone will come up with a way to do it automatically through some app.
  8. sillyrabbitt123

sillyrabbitt123 Well-Known Member

you can also slide the popout menu and button to any screen corner or side
  9. Amlocks

Amlocks New Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you