1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Samsung galaxy note 3 LTE SM-N900w8General

1. Shaaz

Shaaz New Member

I was wondering if South American n900w8 samsung note 3 lte network freq same as bell Canada lte and Will it work on bell canada lte network ?
    As gsmarena shows LTE 700/1900/2100--N900W8
    Thank you in advance.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Note3owner

Note3owner Well-Known Member

It should i guess because the galaxy note 3 has a wide range of 4g lte frequencies it can pickup.
    I think the galaxy note 3 ahould be compatible with most 4g lte networks avrros the globe.
  3. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

Welcome to the forums Shaaz. That SM-N900w8 kind of sneaked up on us. It wasn't mentioned in the original release materials from Samsung revealed on sammobile. Further exploration of the web on your fine device revealed that those bands are dependent on the market. Is the Latin American carrier you're using also using one of the Canadian frequencies?

I could be looking at this the wrong way but after the regional SIM lock fiasco at release it's better to be safe than sorry.
  4. dynomot

dynomot VIP Member VIP Member

From what I can find it looks like an international Note 3 (SM-N9005) but with a different modem. I agree with dontpanicbobby above, it may have the frequencies your looking to use it on, but may be region SIM locked.

I would also be very wary of rooting it and flashing any mod not specifically made for it.
  5. Note3owner

Note3owner Well-Known Member

Well regional lock is solved if u load a sim of that region right?
  6. dynomot

dynomot VIP Member VIP Member

In theory of you never insert a SIM from new, take it to a new country that uses the same frequencies for GSM, HSPDA, LTE etc. You should be OK.

I say in theory as I personally have never tried it.
  7. Clayton1

Clayton1 Well-Known Member

Not sure if this helps or not but I am in Canada (BC) and on Bell and also have the N900W8 Note 3.