1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Samsung Galaxy Note 3!!!General

1. biker74

biker74 Well-Known Member Contributor

Ye, I agree with NeuDroid. If they increase the screen but keep the dimensions of the Note 2, then great. Otherwise no. I think the dimensions are as big as they can go and keep it as a phone.
  2. Harplayr

Harplayr Well-Known Member

There really isn't much extra room on the width of the N2 to increase the screen size that much and still maintain the 16:9 aspect ratio that is ideal for video.
    They would almost certainly have to make it much wider.
  3. Vipfreak

Vipfreak Well-Known Member

The only way it will be too big for me is if i can't fit it in my pocket. I still have room ...

Also, Dell failed because their hardware and software sucked. Granted, improvements in tech is what made the note possible and awesome.
  4. willowlee

willowlee Well-Known Member

I'm 5'2 130 lbs and the note 2 still feels small to me, lol.
  5. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I remembered when I first got my hands on the HTC Evo 4G, it felt huge and I thought it would be the biggest phone I'll ever own... surprise surprise! I own an even bigger phone right now and the Evo feels really small. I won't make the same mistake I made because I'll probably eat my words. :p

-Sent using the force
  6. acura9927

acura9927 Active Member

I would take a 6.3 screen in a minute. The 5.5 already seems normal size to me now.
  7. Vipfreak

^all you need to do is hold a CrApple iphone and it will feel big again. Lulz
  8. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

LOL!!! LOL!!!
    Been feeling the same way- it seems small now; until I pick up one of the iPhones around here.
  9. merrill77

merrill77 Well-Known Member

Heh heh! I was worried the Note2 would be too big for me. After a few weeks of use, I picked up my OG Droid yesterday and my first thought was "wow, this is tiny!" :)

Can anyone remember back to November 2009...when tiny thin phones like Motorola's Razr were huge? I picked up the OG Droid on release day...and people said "Wow, that display is huge!" My response was always "they can never make the display too big for me". Well, the day has come when I may have to retract that statement! The GN2 is close. It is a tight fit in my pocket when I sit down. The alleged 6.3" model might be too big :(
  10. SHIVA77

SHIVA77 Well-Known Member

when I first saw the Google Nexus 7" tablet, I thought they should put a phone in this as many will find it useful as a single device that will do it all.

the reason Note III is 6.3" is because Note IV will be 6.5".

these guys are not dummies, so far they have been right about what we want. But Note III will not be the ideal phablet for all, but will be for some.

Still today after few weeks of having the Note II, each time I take it out of my pocket I marvel at the size. meaning it's a bit too big for carrying around in the pocket, but on my desk or at home, it looks great!
  11. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I think 6.3" is too much personally. The note 2 is too big for me already. :p
  12. Cowboy905

Cowboy905 Active Member

i think the rumour is rubbish. i can't see 6.3" fitting. 5.5 is perfect. i know with samsung in the past, they boost the screen size with every new model, but i don't think that will happen this time. if anything, maybe they'll just up the specs, increase the ppi, and implement some new technology that is still unknown to us in it.
  13. overbyc1

overbyc1 Well-Known Member

Make it look like this one. 6.3" could fit, with some of that being soft buttons.

[​IMG]

Im totally down for this phone!
  14. Cobravision

Cobravision Well-Known Member

Here's another reason I think the 6.3" phone will be another model and not a Note:

Samsung said:

"At some point in the next year, and it could be very late in the year, we might fill in the largest gap in our screen size lineup."

So what's the point of moving the Note up to the 6.3" class if that leaves a hole in the lineup where they had a 5.5" device?
  15. dave1812

dave1812 Well-Known Member

I'm 6' 4" with large hands and the 5.5" screen is the perfect size for me. 5" is too small. Anything larger is simply not necessary unless they keep the total size of the phone identical to the Note 2.
  16. dave1812

My personal prediction is that the Note 3 comes with a 1080 screen, but same size. After that, they will leapfrog Apple's PPI coming out this summer, just to stay ahead on specs. Maybe they'll even skip 1080 altogether and go for well over 2k pixels in height.
  17. TheOtherBill

TheOtherBill Well-Known Member

I hope you're right, Dave.

This is the maximum size I'll get. It just barely fits my front pocket, sticks out of the back pocket, hangs out of my jacket pocket. But it does, with nothing to spare, fit the cellphone pocket inside my heavy jacket. Since I'm in Maine, the jacket gets worn 6 months out of the year, I guess I'll need cargo shorts in the summer.

I'll have to pass on anything wider or taller.
  18. dave1812

For now I'm putting the phone in my pants pockets. When I start wearing some of my cooler shorts, the pockets are way too small so by then I'll have to decide on one of the cases that have a belt clip. From the reviews, I've decided against the Otterbox. Comments from early buyers have saved me $60. :) There's a cheap clippable case on Amazon but everyone says the clip breaks in a few days. Someone posted a pic of a blue/black model (NOT Seido) that they like. I may give that one a try (forgot the brand).
  19. TheOtherBill

TheOtherBill Well-Known Member

I've sent an email to Nite Ize to see if they plan on making something. I've had some of their clip holsters before and they're tough.
  20. TapperP

TapperP Member

I hope that's not true. My Note 2 is already a little bigger than I want.

I'd rather they keep the 5.5" screen and make the bezel smaller so the whole device could be slightly more compact.

If the Note III really is 6.3", then I will either stick with my Note II for an extra year or two to see what comes, or maybe move to an S4 (if it turns out to be really good).
  21. AgentR

AgentR Member

What they should do (lol conceit).... Leave the Note Xs in the 5-6" range, and stick phone hw/app in the Tablets, 10in and 7in.

I'm gonna love my Note 2 to bits I already know, but I certainly would have opted for a 7" tablet that could make and receive voice calls when needed instead. 5.5" will do though.
  22. Harplayr

Harplayr Well-Known Member

That would make a lot more sense to do it that way.
    Once the "note" becomes too big for a pocket or belt clip then it looses a major part of its functionality and people might as well just go to a full blown tablet.
  23. Vipfreak

I have an HTC Flyer that I hold if my Note ever feels too big... I'd much rather carry a 6.3 Note than a 7in. tablet...
  24. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

If its going to be 6.3 then hopefully it has on-screen buttons and little bezel. Regardless, the Note 3 is definitely on my radar for next phone.
  25. Vela_Ocampo

Vela_Ocampo Well-Known Member

perfect timing for upgrade :)