• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy Note Custom Ringtone Help

I did all of this right and no matte the file type or content, every custom ringtone is just a series of beeps when played. Any ideas?

So the files played fine on the computer, but when transferred to the phone it came up as beeps? When transferring files, did it pop up a window suggesting files be converted? This only pops up if you do not have it set as a mass storage device.

Upvote 0
Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy Note LTE Phone and am trying to put custom ringtones on it as well as other sounds for notifications. I have been having a really hard time trying to add tones to my phone. I connected the usb cable to my pc and tried to move the files over to the phones internal memory and then select on the phone: Applications/Setting/Sounds/Ringtones/Notifications, and for some reason my ringtone is not showing up on the phone at all in the ringtone selection list or the notification selection list, is all I get is the basic pre-installed garbage tones that came on the phone.

So I tried to move my ringtone to my 32GB Micro SDHC Card and then see if the file would show up in my phones ringtone selection, but that did not work. Is all I can seem to do is select the file on my phone and then play it. For some reason it will not give me the option to set it as my ringtone or as a notification tone.

I even created a folder on my phone called "Custom Ringtones" and copied the files I wanted to use to that folder. Then I hooked my phone up to my computer and attempted to access that folder but the folder was nowhere to be found, it was like it was invisible or something. I also downloaded two apps for my phone, one called Ringdroid and the other Ringtone Maker to my phone and neither one works, both are garbage. They both stated, "No music files or SD card not present" which is not so as I have a SD card in my phone.

I do not understand why it is so difficult to add a custom ringtone/notification to this phone. I am frustrated with this phone and am about ready to throw it at the wall. If anyone can help me out then I would be more then appreciated.

-Chris-
I've tried to convert my MP3 to OGG and put it in "Ringtones" folder on Internal Storage. Reset the phone and you will found it.

If you don't have the program, you can try below web converter.
Online OGG converter

Upvote 0
Hi guys, I just got my Note 2 today and I managed to use my mp3 for my ringtone as well as my notification ringtone, after watching this video in YouTube.

I can't paste the link here as I am a new user, try surfing for "Samsung Galaxy Note 2: Set your Own Music (MP3) as Custom Notification Ringtone" in YouTube and this video might help you guys :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones