• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy Note dissapears after been sent for repair!

tsam19

Jan 3, 2012
If anyone else has suffered the same issue I'd like to hear about it and what the outcome was.

Had to take my Galaxy Note into 'Go Mobile' mobile phone shop South Cornwall,UK to be repaired under Samsungs warranty.

I was advised by 'Go Mobile' their procedure was NOT to send the phone to Samsung and use their own repair centres.

Apparently the shop assistant sent the phone to a 'non official' Samsung repair centre, the phone came back 5 days later unfixed......

The shop assistant sent the phone to another 'non official' Samsung repair centre, the phone came back 5 days later unfixed......

This time (3 weeks had passed by this time !!) they decided to send straight to Samsung directly and were reluctant to do so as this apparently wasn't their shop policy ??

2 weeks later the phone hasn't been received or accounted for by Samsung.........it's totally dissapeared !!

The phone shop will not order me a replacement and are telling me absolutely nothing when I contact them, except the phone cannot be accounted for by Samsung!

Samsung have asked the shop for the postage verification, even though it wsas sent via one of thier own delivery jiffy bags.

They won't give me the repair job number so I can check on Samsungs website job tracker.

I've inputted the phones serial number into the same site and there's errors in finding the product!

'Go Mobile' South Cornwall, UK have to be the worst mobile phone shop ever !!

6 weeks waiting, having had the phone bounced from incompetant repair shop to the other and now the phones vanished !!

Absolutely disgusting !!

Any help or advice would be welcome.

Thanks for reading.

Next time you are in take a borrowed tablet or something with the The Office of Fair Trading website on it (or print outs) ask their companies house registered numebr and all sorts of official stuff. Actually, the site will likely have the sorts of things you nee to ask. Wouldn't hurt if the notebook you used to jot things down had business cards for a few local papers attached to it.

Upvote 0
The phone shop have confirmed they sent the phone off via Samsungs pre paid jiffy bag return for repair procedure.

It was sent on the 23rd Aug

Phoned Samsung, they issue the phone shop with a 'job repair number' when the phone is sent off.

The job number is then synched with the phone when it arrives to it's repair centre, and the job is booked in which is...

The phone has apparently gone to Norwich, Anova phone repair centre, vulcan Rd, nr6 6aq

Again 'Anova' were contacted today for an update, they have no record of the phone arriving, although they do have the 'job number' that Samsung generated.

The receptionist at 'Anova' took the IMEI number, serial number of the phone and job number and said they would look into it!

If it's a 'recorded package' then surely someone will have signed for it.

Pretty shoddy by all accounts, I will know for sure when I give them the 'tracking number from the prepaid' envelope the phone was sent in.

I don't know why the phone has gone to Norwich, surely there must be some Samsung mobile phone repair centres near Cornwall?

I know of 'Repairlabs in Hayle'

Either way if they have the phone lay on a shelf somewhere, it needs being accounted for and fixing pronto.

If not accounted for then a claim will have to be made against Samsungs own postage service.

Moral of the story....don't break your Samsung phone!

Upvote 0
You seem to be tracking this very well which is the main thing. You have audit trail of responsible parties.. Print of this thread or include the link in any email correspondence. Let them know that we will all see who is to blame and why (Not necessarily a single party).

I feel for you. You seem to have fallen on one of those instances where 3 types of bad luck fall on a long supply chain involving at least 3 links of incompetence.

Upvote 0
After many many many phone calls to the repair centre in Norwich...the phone was found sat on a shelf!

Absolute joke, I appreciate these centres are busy, but in reality no-one gives a hoot.

If I hadn't of chased the matter up I'd still be waiting now.

Good news is the phones been fixed and sent back via special delivery.

One good thing about Samsung repair centres is they work over the weekend - 7 days a week!

If anyones is thinking of having their phone repaired, don't take it to the mobile phone shop you bought it from - just contact Samsung yourself, send them a copy of your invoice, (where you got the phone from) with your phone and label your phone with a sticker - the serial number and the IMEI number on it, bag it all up and send it off.

Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones