Samsung galaxy note jelly bean official updateSupport

1. YoungGinuwine

YoungGinuwine New Member

if you look through the manual it has the upgrades we will recieve hopefully soon, changes to the home button function, spen gestures, how to use google now,easy clip, tag face of contacts in gallery,
  2. jack58

jack58 Well-Known Member

No worries for me.... I exchanged my Note I plus $150 for the Note II.
    This Note II is considerably faster with that Quad-core and double memory the Note I had. AND JB. :D
  3. rocking23nf

rocking23nf Member

I have had a S2 and a note and both are absolutely brutal for exchange syncing, usually my phone never syncs unless I end task on the mail app. Its so frustrating because it is a work phone, and both phones have had this issue. Plus the battery drain caused by the mail app is insane. I keep thinking it will be fixed with an update, but im starting to think I should never get an android phone for use with a work exchange server.
  4. newbie4

newbie4 Well-Known Member

Yes it changed from 2.3.6 which did an automatic update even on the y!Finance and if you set up the refresh does not matter how long it drains the battery. It could very well be just a programming line to the home screen used in 2.3.6 that the 4.0.4 was taken out. Another way out maybe to find out if the email could be pushed that should not be too taxing on the battery.
  5. mubemubeen

mubemubeen New Member

How to upgrade my Galaxy Note N7000 to Jelly bean
    Please help with step by step information
    also where to download the jelly bean os for my note
  6. Omar Days

Omar Days Well-Known Member

The jb update will be pushed to your note when Samsung sees fit.

Or root it, and put a jb rom on it yourself.

Google is your friend
  7. cognus

cognus Well-Known Member

There are a dozen exchange apps out there. Why depend on a device maker to fix it for you?
  8. mlk2

mlk2 Well-Known Member

According to Ukrainian Samsung, release date for Note is March 1

Ace 2: April 11
    Galaxy S advance: February 18
    S2: March 3
    Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus: February 22
    Galaxy Tab 8.9 to ICS: January 24
  9. cognus

cognus Well-Known Member

I notice some doubters think this is just a scam rumor or something. it ain't.
    that's samsung's site, not some tertiary site. but, it says nothing about the carrier-bound handsets. I imagine however that once its out for n7000, it will be about five nanoseconds before someone posts it for mods and installation on i717 and t879

10. We are in Feb. now where is the f***n jb Updaaaaate for galaxy note ;(
  11. newbie4

Ok have you read the manual for jb I to want the update but 4.0.4 how I understand have better battery performance. I would like them to get that right than receiving something way below par. Would you prefer 2 days on wifi and data plan than 2 hours? Leave them work this out I am sure when done we both will be happy.
  12. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

I've been using JB beta leaks for several months now and would say the battery life is comparable to ICS if not slightly better. The speed is certainly better but that is because of Project Butter.
  13. newbie4

Well then where is the release? If the work is complete push the thing out.
  14. Jetmerritt

Jetmerritt Well-Known Member

Telus in Canada said they were releasing it this month for the SGH-i717d.
  15. rdesbris2

rdesbris2 Active Member

I have a Note but it does not seem to be SGH-i717d. Will all Notes be updated?
  16. Jetmerritt

I believe it is all carrier dependent. Canada usually is one of the slower countries to get updated so hopefully you will get it soon or have to resort to rooting.
  17. Howard Hopkinson

Howard Hopkinson Well-Known Member

The SGH-i717d is the Telus version of the Note. As far as I'm aware, all notes will be updated eventually. I take it you have the European model N7000?
  18. rdesbris2

rdesbris2 Active Member

Where do I look to see which version I have?
  19. Jetmerritt

Settings => About phone => model #
    rdesbris2 likes this.
  20. rdesbris2

rdesbris2 Active Member

I have the GT-N7000. Is it going to be updated also?
  21. Howard Hopkinson

Howard Hopkinson Well-Known Member

Yes the N7000 will be updated.
  22. mlk2

mlk2 Well-Known Member

I just updated my note 1 to official JB. I can confirm its out.
  23. Bazzyg

Bazzyg Member

How did you do that? OTA, Kies? Also, which region are you in and is your phone unlocked?