Samsung galaxy note jelly bean official updateSupport

1. mlk2

mlk2 Well-Known Member

Kies, german, locked
  2. Jetmerritt

Jetmerritt Well-Known Member

still waiting in Canada....:confused:

hopefully less than 10 days if my carrier was telling the truth. They said Feb, maybe they meant 2014...:D
    Hussein_marwan likes this.
  3. Crewmeal

Crewmeal Active Member

There is a big update for Kies in the UK. Maybe that has something to do with it and the upgrade is imminent.
  4. What About Egypt ?!!!
  5. Howard Hopkinson

Howard Hopkinson Well-Known Member

Not out in Egypt yet, but it will be soon.
  6. Bazzyg

Bazzyg Member

Excuse my ignorance. I have an unlocked international version which is not carrier specific. Shouldn't the update be instantaneous for unlocked phones? Tried Kies and OTA, but nothing.
  7. Omar Days

Omar Days Well-Known Member

it goes by region.

last time the ics update order for europe was poland, germany, france, uk, iirc.
    Bazzyg likes this.
  8. Mephos

Mephos Member

Does anyone know when the update will be released for Latin America?
  9. Howard Hopkinson

I have no idea mate when it will be released in your country. However, I would expect it to be available over the next few weeks if not sooner. Of course, if your Note is carrier locked, then it could take much much longer before your carrier release the update.
  10. Jetmerritt

Jetmerritt Well-Known Member

If it is by region, does anybody think you could simply try changing the DNS settings and fool their phone into upgrading?

Kinda like the Netflix work around?
  11. xxbazhxx

xxbazhxx Well-Known Member

hi guys

just thought i would share my experiences with you all.
    being the impatient kinda guy i am, for the last month or so i have been running the leaked version of jb baseband XXSLA for my unlocked N7000 and have found overall the firmware to be a big improvement on ics however i did notice a fair bit of lag and it was VERY ram hungry, but because this was the "leaked" version, ota would inform me i have the latest updates installed and kies informed me that my current firmware does not support upgrade through kies!!!!!
    upon hearing that the official update was now bieng rolled out, i did a little search via google and found this Galaxy Note N7000 Receives Official Android 4.1.2 XXLSZ Jelly Bean Firmware [How to Install] - IBTimes UK

this is the official update, baseband XXLSZ that samsung are now rolling out for the N7000, as i knew i would not get the update anyother way (unless of course i rolled back to officail ics) i proceeded to update via above link and as per instructions contained in above link, i am now running the official jb update and may i say WOW it is good, its almost like having a new phone, it is soo much quicker with no lag and no where near as RAM hungry, "what about battery drain" i hear you say, well up to now i have noticed an improvement (bearing in mind as it is so much better now i have been using it a bit more than normal :)) my current battery stats are showing 5hrs 29m at 48% remaining from full charge which at this stage on ics i would be down to about 30%, once again remember i have been using it more than normal.

so to was it worth the wait?
    absofrikkinglutely and if like me for whatever reason you may not be too sure you will recieve the update or you just cant wait any longer, i say, hit the link, update via pc odin as detailed in link and enjoy......oh and kies now recognises this firmware and informs me i have the most upto date available so yes it the official release...

oh and just so you know its the german version but during install you can set it to the language you require.

regards

Baz
  12. Howard Hopkinson

Thanks for your post xxbazhxx. Very informative and very much appreciated mate.
  13. Bazzyg

Bazzyg Member

I downloaded the software via Sammobile, which is the German version.

Just a quick question. I'm a bit new and a little wary to manually installing software. Never tried it before. So what what I want to know is if you flash the software via Odin, do you lose all your data and settings? Basically, is the phone wiped?
  14. Bazzyg

Bazzyg Member

Disregard my last question. I finally decided to do it and as per the instructions, it was as easy as pie.

I can confer with Baz in saying that it's amazinggggg! Definately feels like a new phone. Very smooth and quick, although, it was very, very slow a while after the update, but a simple battery pull and restart settled everything in ok.

Just 3 nagging issues I have.

1. E-mail. In ICS you can create separate e-mail account icons and place them in your home screen. With JB, I can't seem to do that and it's a bit annoying having all my e-mail accounts under the same icon and drop down menu.

2. The screen-lock clock is as ugly as s**t. Quite tiny and the font is horrible. No way of changing that I presume, gotta get used to it.

3. Am I going crazy?? But for every option you confirm on the phone, the "CANCEL" option seems to be on the left and the "OK" option is on the right. I'm used to haivng the OK on the left and CANCEL on the right, so I have been pressing cancel once too often.

Apart from those 3, everything else seems to be fantastic. Can't comment on battery, as I haven't had a chance to use it for one full day.
  15. xxbazhxx

Hi Bazzyg

in answer to niggle number 2 lol

go to settings/scroll down to lock screen/lock screen options and you can turn the clock off in there :)

regards

Baz
    Bazzyg likes this.
  16. Galaxynote_guy

Galaxynote_guy Well-Known Member

Anyone else recieved it yet? If so, details of country and method please :)
  17. Bazzyg

Bazzyg Member

Ahhhh ok!

Thanks for that Baz. Any ideas on 1 and 3?

Cheers

Baz (No.2) lol
  18. Howard Hopkinson

Just installed JB via the post above.

http://androidforums.com/5561331-post86.html

So far it seems to be ok. It definitely uses more Ram than ICS, but does seem quite a bit smoother. Can't comment on battery life yet, but will once I know.
  19. mlk2

mlk2 Well-Known Member

I use my Note as a USB internet "dongle" and so far my experience has been that with JB it charges slower than with 4.0.4.. sadly
  20. newbie4

newbie4 Well-Known Member

What is this air view sort of disappointed in smart stay thou while watching it went off on a few occassions.
  21. Bazzyg

Bazzyg Member

Smart Stay only seems to work in high lighting level conditions. May have something to do with the exposure on the front camera.

Airview is a feature found in the Note 2 which is a function where you can hover over menus to preview them.

It doesn't seem to be present on the official JB update. I tried downloading the UI file, but it wouldn't copy to the Permissions folder using Root Browser. It only seems to work for rooted devices.

Can any one else confirm this?
  22. starM26

starM26 New Member

Hi, I need some help please:-

I cannot find any of these files to insert:-

a) Click on PDA and select the file with CODE in its name

b) Click on Phone and select file with MODEM in its name

c) Click on CSC and select file with CSC in its name

d) Click on PIT and select the .pit file

What I'm I doing wrong? Thanks MS
  23. xxbazhxx

If you read the instructions correctly you will see it says ignore steps b,c and d if files dont exist....just insert the code file in pda.

Regards

Baz
  24. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

Don't pull the battery ;). It will be slow to begin with as the Media Scanner does it's job. Just leave it alone for a while to let it finish the scan.
  25. just install the international version of jb for galaxy note :S :S :S :S by ODIN :S :S -- system slow and battery drain faaaaaaaaaaaaaast :S -- what the f....k ;( ;( -- is that the jelly bean that iam waiting for ? its very baaad ? or what happened ?? i donot know ?? iam very frustrated :( :( :(