1. Howard Hopkinson

Howard Hopkinson Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. jcal0820

jcal0820 Active Member

Definitely.. can't wait
  3. Vipfreak

Vipfreak Well-Known Member

I've never been excited for a google OS until now.
  4. Omar Days

Omar Days Well-Known Member

hopefully it happens. My old Desire HD was supposed to get ICS, then HTC pulled it. Might hold out and not get the note 2 now.
  5. ZR160_MAJ

ZR160_MAJ Well-Known Member

Dont know what to do here, get the NoteII or wait for SIV lol
  6. Omar Days

get the note 2 if going by what devices you have are the dhd and s2. The s4 hasn't even been announced lol. Well, that's what i'd do if that was my situation
  7. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

Glad to hear this, though I may get the Note 2 before this rolls out.
  8. rcheung28

rcheung28 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if Samsung will update our Notes with Touchwiz UX?
  9. Howard Hopkinson

I have no idea if that will happen, though it would make sense to upgrade the UI along with the OS when it's released.
  10. wayneholbrook

wayneholbrook Well-Known Member

I don't think the US will get the note 2 until nov or dec. so I am thinking about pulling the trigger on the note that's available now. Only question before I buy it is, do you think the note that's available now will get jelly bean real soon? If so I want to buy it now.
  11. Howard Hopkinson

From what I can gather, though no definite date has been set, Jellybean is supposed to be coming to the Note in Q4 of this year, which isn't that far off really.
  12. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

If you're buying it outright (not the new contract price) then I'd say just wait til October and get one imported. It'll get updates faster than one you buy from an American carrier.

If you're using your upgrade then I understand not wanting to wait until December or whenever they release it here.
  13. Bodestone

Bodestone Well-Known Member

I'm seriously considering looking at how much I can get for my Note on ebay when the 2 comes out. I am totally happy with the Note. Love it. But.. Bigger, faster, newer.

Gaahhhh, get out of my head shiny magnet.
  14. S pen

S pen Member

Why would this not be true? :confused: Just curious.... Am I missing something, or is not the whole point of OS updates to improve all devices running that OS? Or, are the OS updates only made for new devices just coming out at the time? That way when new software comes out they make you feel outdated and force you to buy a new device?
  15. Howard Hopkinson

The comment of mine that you quoted was just a note of caution really. I have heard rumours in the past that have turned out not to be the case.

As I said,
    though lol.
  16. Omar Days

HTC said their Desire HD was gonna get ICS a while back, then a month or so ago said it aint happening.

So yeah, until the new OS is on your device, I just take what the manufacturers say with a pinch of salt tbh.
  17. Galaxynote_guy

Galaxynote_guy Well-Known Member

So..... how we doing on this then, All I can find when looking for updates is blurb regarding the Note II.... It's like the world has forgotten the Note I already :(
  18. Howard Hopkinson

19. sgtbilko80

sgtbilko80 Member

Excellent news. I hope the note gets the feature which doesn't allow it to switch off when I'm looking at it!?
  20. Galaxynote_guy

21. newbie4

newbie4 Well-Known Member

i would like that feature too where if you look at it stays on. it is annonying while reading to keep touching the screen.
  22. Howard Hopkinson

Samsung GALAXY Note - Samsung Mobile

At the above link, look at where it says Platform and you will see it says JellyBean.4.1.

I suggest this means the JB update is imminent, seeing as how Samsung themselves have added JB to the specification of the Note.
  23. Galaxynote_guy

I shall continue to view all of this whilst taking a pinch of salt.
    I don't know what to believe these days.....:(
    This thread started in August....... Almost 5 months late...what a shambles
    Lets be right about it, they won't give us JB until they see the Note 2 sales all but stop....
  24. jack58

jack58 Well-Known Member

Q4 for 2012 has come and gone. Samsung has lied again! Here is why:

I don't think the JB will be released until the original note is OFF the market at the stores. Why would one buy a Note 2 if the Note has JB too? The Note 2 wouldn't be worth $150 more would it? So, with that in mind, I don't expect the JB until the original note goes off the market.

I got this news in my inbox last night:
    http://www.techhive.com/articl...
    So in the USA, I bet it is still months away ONLY if the NOTE is off the market.