Samsung Galaxy PrecedentSupport

1. Zombie18256

Zombie18256 Member

how do i verify that my Samsung Galaxy Precedent is rooted? i have the roam control app to up my signel

Advertisement
  2. kolosus

kolosus Well-Known Member

Look in your apps folder. Do you have an icon there named Superuser? The icon looks something like this...
    http://software2tech.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/werwerwee44_thumb.jpg

The icon not the phone. If you have a superuser icon then you have rooted the phone.

The only thing left is to see if it actually works. You could try using wireless tether to see if it works... etc.

Good luck.
  3. Zombie18256

Zombie18256 Member

i can not get the elite superuser or the free one to install it just sits there. All im tryin to do is gt my phone to roam cause it does not have roaming an i hardly have any signel

im trying to get the Roam Control app to work, when i click on any of the buttons on the app it say please verify that you are rooted
  4. davew41

davew41 Active Member

you can grab my whole rooted suite via this link this is for the Straight Talk precedent not the boost mobile prevail
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    it will surely root your phone just follow the readme..
  5. inigomontoyasr

inigomontoyasr Well-Known Member

you won't roam. it's not allowed.
  6. Zombie18256

Zombie18256 Member

then whats this link for that davew41 gave me?
  7. inigomontoyasr

inigomontoyasr Well-Known Member

that will no doubt give you root. your carrier would have to allow roaming. boost mobile and straight talk don't allow roaming.
  8. m1tec

m1tec Member

I done root my phone with this download link using odin. now my phone cant download. get this "google talk authentication failed" I'm in the US so i'm guessing this is a UK version? I cant change my gmail to googlemail because i'm in the US. Any suggestion?
  9. davew41

davew41 Active Member

MY version if from USA.. for the precedent
    the Google auth error can be a million things I don't have that auth error on my 2 precedents with my rooted files
  10. m1tec

m1tec Member

Well i can download for the first 30 min or so after i factory reset it then after that i get the google auth error. You think it's my auto update or something? done factory reset my phone bout 3 times already same thing even used Odin on it again same thing.
  11. kolosus

kolosus Well-Known Member

There is a separate thread about the google talk authentication problem. You might address your problem there... probably get better support. Read through the thread might give you ideas about something you haven't tried.
    m1tec likes this.
  12. jwitgen

jwitgen New Member

Is there anyway to enable roaming on the straight talk precedent?
  13. PoorBoy52760

PoorBoy52760 Well-Known Member

NO there is no Roaming with Straight talk or boost. they use a SMALL Area of sprint towers and thats all we get...

as far as google auth error, i have had it, i did a factory reset and as soon as the phone booted i logged into googletalk and left it that way NO MORE Error..
  14. Dorack

Dorack New Member

You CAN roam on Boost. From their FAQ:

Do I get charged for roaming?

No, nationwide calling is included in all Boost Mobile plans and there are no extra roaming costs. You can also make calls from almost anywhere in the United States and pay the standard call rates. Click Here to view the coverage map.

The question is how to get Android phones set up to allow roaming. I had a non-smartphone and it roamed without issue on a US Cellular tower. I just can't get my Galaxy S Prevail to do the same thing.

Customer support said that when I was in an area with no Sprint signal, to remove/re-install the battery and then reboot. That did not work for me.
  15. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

That is the key quote right there, You need to see if your in a area covered by boost.
    Basically if you have sprint coverage you can make a call, sprint owns boost so the sprint towers are also boost towers.
  16. RedMurkal

RedMurkal Well-Known Member

I have a Prevail and drive all over the state Im in and get better signal than most people I know. So I believe Boost does allow roaming. But Ive not left the state and tried to use it so Im not sure how far I can go with it.
  17. RedMurkal

RedMurkal Well-Known Member

Think i misunderstood what was ment by roaming.