samsung galaxy prevail unlock screen updatedSupport

1. searleswifey

searleswifey New Member

Recently did my updates for my phone and now my unlock screen is this horrible rainbow thing. How can I change it to a different pic??? Please help.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Not Very Berry

Not Very Berry New Member

I'm having the same problem. A work around (possibly not the best) would be to change the screenlock to pattern rather than PIN or password.
  3. go2vegas

go2vegas Member

Same thing with mine after update. I agree about it looking horrible!
  4. markhairston

markhairston New Member

My wife prevail updated fine, and has the new lock screen, but mine wounldnt update. I have a rooted prevail, and only did it for the hotspot feature, do I have to shut the root off to update? If so, how do I do that?
  5. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On Guide

You should never except a system update when your rooted.
  6. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member Contributor

There are rooted version of the update. Search for them in the rooted section.
  7. BadWolf47

BadWolf47 Active Member

I want rid of that horrible rainbow thing as well! I wonder if it's a ploy to get us to upgrade to new phones? ;)
  8. omar27

omar27 New Member

i like how its the lock screen thing but i dont like the rainbow back ground, i would like to change that and we cant use the Go Locker Apps v.v
  9. NightTrain08

NightTrain08 Member

Anyone figure this out yet? I too hate this picture and would like to add my own. I know it's possible on other phones but I can't find a way on this one! grrrrrr
  10. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Well-Known Member

The Tom this is running on should be deodexed atleast. Then you can snag framework-res and change the picture to a specific one.
  11. adaaaam

adaaaam Well-Known Member

It's definitely not a ploy, because when I got my Galaxy S II last fall, it had the exact same lock screen picture and drag-anywhere-to-unlock method, so Samsung was just trying to class it up
  12. NightTrain08

NightTrain08 Member

Uh.........HUH???
  13. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Well-Known Member

Lolz. Aka. You need a ROM that supports easy theming.
    Like halfassrom 2.?
  14. FlyBoyMark

FlyBoyMark New Member

This whole issue was brought on by Apple VS Samsung. It was changed to NOT infringe on Apple's screen lock patent. Apple is even claiming that the present unlock method also infringes. But I've read Apple's claim on the "single point slide to unlock" won't stand in court.
  15. hillestadjim

hillestadjim Member

Return to odin