Samsung Galaxy Prevail wont chargeSupport

Last Updated:

1. Tj2169

Tj2169 Member

OK I plugged my phone up to the computer for the first time and then after that every time i plug it into the wall charger it wont charge but it will still charge if its hooked up to the computer. I think maybe some settings got messed up. So can anyone help me?

Advertisement
  2. wyelkins

wyelkins Well-Known Member

Will it charge from the wall if you shut the phone off. You should see nothing on the screen but a Big Battery with a progress bar inside.

If this works. Take the phone loose from the charger and turn it on. Then try the charger again with the phone on.
  3. Tj2169

Tj2169 Member

Yeah i tried that but it didnt work it only charges when its hooked up to the computer. I even tried hooking it up to my car charger but it still doesnt work. Which is gay... because i need to be able to charge it on the go.
  4. wyelkins

I don't know. Check the USB settings under Wireless and Networks and also under Applications Development. Take the battery out for a few seconds and put it back. Desperation move I know, but what the hell.

Never had that happen.
    Tj2169 likes this.
  5. Tj2169

Tj2169 Member

Nope... Still not working what should I do?
  6. wyelkins

Sorry, Dude. I have no more ideas. If it is not rooted, take it back where you bought it.

Unless...there is a hardware problem with the piece of the charger that goes into the wall. The one that the USB plug fits into. You have already proven that the cable is OK since it works with the laptop.

It may be a hardware problem after all!

I have actually had something similar to this happen in the past, now that i think about it. Swap out that piece and I bet it will work.

Also, check other wall outlets.
    Tj2169 likes this.
  7. Necrotoxin

Necrotoxin Well-Known Member

It's not his charger.he said he tried his car charger too
  8. Tj2169

Tj2169 Member

Well I tried it and ir still doesnt work I guess ill call customer support...... First ill do more research because therw customer support sucks...
  9. wyelkins

Oops! Thanks, Necrotoxin. Well, back to Sorry, Dude. Take it back.
    Tj2169 likes this.
  10. Tj2169

Tj2169 Member

Well that sucks I have only had the phone like a month....
  11. Topken

Topken Well-Known Member

You could try a factory reset and see if that does the trick. You are going to lose all your settings and apps tho. Some of the stuff you could move to the sd card or back them up via titanium back up. So you dont have to send the phone back.
  12. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

It still could be the cable, depending on the type of car charger, some use your USB cable, just like most modern wall plugs, I would say if you have not done this yet get another cable, from any phone as long as the charge port is the same.
    I have found these samsung phones do not use other branded cables for data transfer but for charging they all work fine.
  13. RRSpikes

RRSpikes Well-Known Member

I used my BlackBerry PlayBook data cable to root and shabby my Prevail.
  14. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

interesting, never had a blackberry but have lg's and the data cable wont work for the samsung.
  15. jimbogr79

jimbogr79 New Member

THANKS this worked!!!