• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy Proclaim Issues....

Hoping someone reading this may possibly have some kind of advice to offer, or could point me in a general direction as to what the issue may be and steps to possibly resolve the issue.
I've had to recently perform a factory reset on my Samsung Galaxy Proclaim to wipe the phone of old data and return it to factory condition so I could transfer my number to it and use it with my existing Straight Talk service until either I'm able to buy a completely different phone, or the one I've sent in for repair is returned. After I reset the phone, I attempted to call 611 from it to transfer my number over to it, however I hear the following message:
"Welcome to Verizon wireless. We are currently unable to authenticate your mobile phone. Please try again later or dial. .." and I'm give a code to dial. I dial that code in the dialer and hear the following:
"Hello and welcome to Over the air programming. To program or activate your mobile phone please press 1 now. To update your mobile phones roaming, please press 2"
Regardless of which I press, I'm going the "Unable to authenticate your mobile phone at this time." error message.

What is causing this and what would need to be done in order for it be resolved? Is it something I'm able to do myself and if so how would I go about doing so?

I appreciate that you have taken a moment to read this, and I appreciate and look forward to reading any advice that may be or could possibly be offered.

Sorry for the late response. I've seriously have had it with ST. Still haven't been able to repair the phone, and have since ported my number over to Metro pcs while I could benefit from the deal that to had going. I received a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime for free once I ported my number to Metro and only had to pay &35 for this month's service plan

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones