• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy Q (SGH-T589R) WiFi Disabling. Big Problem. HELP!

A

abc987

Just got a brand new Samsung Galaxy Q (SGH-T589R) and the WiFi isn't working at all and there are important apps that I must download. I know for a fact that my home internet works perfectly fine but I try to connect on the phone (I type in the correct password and security settings of WPA) and then it says "Obtaining IP Address" and I wait for about 10 minutes. Then, it says it's "Remembered" and that it's connecting. Then, all of a sudden, it says "Disconnecting" and that the network is disabled. HELP?!?!?!:thinking::mad::eek:

Welcome to the forums!

From a response to a different model, but pretty much the same issue -

Surprisingly, your home router is not ruled out yet. I've seen this sort of thing myself, and I (and many others) find that a quick reset of the home router solves the problem.

Don't know why, but something tends to get tangled that way, and the reset usually fixes it.

If that fails, long-press the network name on your phone, select Forget, and then re-acquire.

And if that fails, get Wifi Analyzer, free in the Market/Play, and see if you are sharing a channel with a neighbor. That can confuse things, and if you have that, selecting a free/open channel will likely improve your other home network operations.

Upvote 0
Yeterday for the first time I decided to use my Galaxy Q to stream youtube videos via wifi while i worked at home and it worked perfectly. This morning after charging my phone fully at night possibly recieving a few txt msgs, I went back to work plugging in the headphone jack and attempting to play videos off the stock youtube app on the phone and it immediately gives me the "There was a problem while playing touch to retry" and when retry it gives me the same msg half a second after.

I tried resetting the wireless router.. I even tried resetting the cable modem. I tried rebooting the phone as well... Not quite sure why one moment it worked fine for a whole 8 hrs and now it seems brick walled. Just hates youtube. Oddly enough it allows me to search videos even loads the thumbnails of what im searching.. but refuses to play the video.

any ideas on how i can resolve this issue would be much appreciated!

Thank you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones