Samsung Galaxy Rush or ZTE Warp Sequent?

1. timghorton

timghorton Well-Known Member

Hi android guys and gals, I as you may have read my profile I have a galaxy rush on my boost account but I am still in my 15 day walmart return period and I am having second thoughts due to the size of the screen and the battery standby time.

I mostly use my phone for calls with bluetooth connected to a headset and txt messaging and also as a mp3 player.

I am looking at the warp sequent due to its longer battery time and screen size.

So I am wondering even thought its up to me in the end what am I better off doing paying the extra $20 for the warp sequent or stay with the rush, BTW both are getting the jelly bean upgrade in the future.

Thanks in advance

Tim

Advertisement
    :
  2. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

Do you have to have Boost?

Reason is, Virgin Mobile has a special on the HTC EVO V 4G for $139.99. A better deal and way better phone than either of these 2.
  3. timghorton

I just switched from virgin to boost for lower monthly payments
  4. SulkyAndroid17

SulkyAndroid17 Well-Known Member

I would get the ZTE Warp Sequent if I was you. Although, I think you may be a bit confused about the battery. Or maybe I am. Everything I can find claims the contrary.

The Sequent has a bigger screen and slightly smaller battery than your Rush. I don't think you'll be seeing increased battery life, but that's nothing a aftermarket battery couldn't fix. For 20$ more, .8 inches more of a screen and a little more than twice the resolution, the Sequent is worth it to me. Not to mention a better processor and camera too.

You shouldn't expect much from the Rush. It's a Samsung after all.
  5. munguse

munguse Well-Known Member

Haven't tried the rush. I did own the sequent for a week. Battery wasn't too good and it did freeze a few times a day. Screen size was the one thing I liked. If the the S2 is not an option for you, might I suggest the Evo Design for $180 from Amazon, free shipping and no taxes.
  6. ZingBot

ZingBot Well-Known Member

I would go with the Sequent and hope that you get a good one. ZTE's quality is inconsistent. The Warp is my first smartphone and I love the big screen.
  7. Frank The Tank

Frank The Tank Well-Known Member

The sequent just got a update. The kernel is a lot better, so is battery life.
  8. boricuakiller

boricuakiller Well-Known Member

go with the sequent
  9. mydian

mydian Well-Known Member

After all the problems with the original Warp when it first came out I'd be very leery of ever buying another ZTE product. I don't know if the Sequent is as big of a piece of junk as the original Warp but I won't be finding out.
  10. boricuakiller

boricuakiller Well-Known Member

i love my sequent the first one was trash but this one is a huge huge improvement
  11. ZingBot

ZTE does seem to produce a lot of poor quality phones but all of them are not junk. My Warp has performed very well since day one. However, if you got burned before then I understand your feelings on the brand.
  12. timghorton

Well guys and gals, I can now confirm I have jumped on the warp sequent band wagon and couldn't be happier.
  13. ZingBot

Congratulations. Glad to hear it's working out.
  14. lightsleeper23

lightsleeper23 Well-Known Member

I had a Warp Sequent for a week or so. Other than a couple small issues, like the stock email app not working I really liked it. The was only one big issue that did make me finally return it. The battery life. I'm not sure where you heard it has a good battery, because I have not heard that. I was lucky if I had 3 hours of screen time at the end of a charge. If any update has fixed that, great. It must have happened in the last week or so, because I returned mine on the first.

I'm not mad either way though. I ended up coughing up $50 more and getting the T-Mobile optimus l9 and I am VERY happy with this. It's far better than anything boost or virgin have to offer except maybe the S2. But it definitely rivals it, and for a lot cheaper. Not to mention the faster speeds from T-Mobile. The warp Sequent was a cool phone though, I really like how it was almost pure Android like a nexus. Hope it does good for you.