Samsung Galaxy S 9000 - pop emailSupport

Last Updated:

1. Martell

Martell New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone
    I've just converted from iPhone so i'm very new to Android. After using the Galaxy S for a week, i must say I've found my new "religion". I've just got ONE major problem and that is the original mail app. Its syncs from my mail provider's servers, but soon as i download todays mails on my laptop (usually a couple of times each day in the afternoon), my phone deletes all mails. On the iPhone, it kept every mail i had synced during the day and never removed them soon as my main computer downloaded them from the server. This also happens to me if i use the K9 mail app.

This doesn't happen in the gmail app, only the original mail app with pop mail. Maybe there is a quick fix to this, under settings? So far i haven't been lucky enough to find it. Help, anyone?

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Hi, welcome!

I don't have this issue on my DX. Sounds like a Samsung config. I'll transfer this over to your phone's forums for ya!

3. msprong

msprong Member

My issue with POP Email on my Galaxy Epic is that I the native email app typically can't find the server when checking email through 3G. On wifi, it works fine. I'm still trying to find out why. Otherwise...phone is going back to store.