Samsung Galaxy S (android) - Managing google contactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. abhiney

abhiney New Member This Topic's Starter

Dear all,

I am new to android phones, so my question might be very easy to answer.
    I have configured my Samsung Galaxy S using my normal Gmail account. This has helped me to sync the Google Contacts with my phone.

Following are my questions:

1. Right now I have about a thousand google contacts synced to my phone. I want to remove them at one go. I know how to disable them from being appearing in contact list, but I want to know if I can delete them without going to factory settings.

2. I am using three applications (a) Gmail (b) Contacts (3) MVOIP. I want to know if there is a way that following combination works:
    a- Google contacts appear on Gmail app
    b- Google contacts (with phone numbers) and normal phone contacts appear on "Contacts"
    c- Google contacts (with phone numbers) and normal phone contacts appear on "MVOIP application".

I know how to do (a) - By synchronising google contacts,
    (b) - by choosing display options
    (c) - I do not know how to handle this and I want help.

Advertisement
  2. dc2447

dc2447 Well-Known Member

I have 3000 contacts, I set the phone to only show those with telephone numbers

3. JiMMaR

JiMMaR Well-Known Member

3 months ago , I remember that I found an app in the market that deleted all the contacts
    I messed up with my contacts , so I deleted 'em all and re imported 'em

can't help you now , my cousin is playing with my phone :p I'll look for it later if you haven't found it

4. Drg7

Drg7 Member

If you want to delete all the phone's contacts just do it with Kies (select all and delete). Until now, it is the only usefull function I have found for this software. If you want to delete all the gmail contacts just do it through gmail.com