samsung galaxy S as a wireless access pointSupport

1. mshakeer

mshakeer New Member

I have a samsung galaxy S i9000, and the mobile access point is activated, I can successfully connect to it using my laptop but when I try to connect using my other mobile (ex: Nokia) to the Galaxy's mobile access point on the target device it says the wireless connection is lost and on the Galaxy the mobile access point is deactivated automatically, is this a limitation that the other device cannot be a wifi mobile (Which i don't think)? OR is this a bug in Galaxy's mobile access point. Any help much appreciated.

Advertisement
    :
  2. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Strange, mine works with other mobiles. What firmware are you on?
  3. kryzzay83

kryzzay83 Well-Known Member

I thought you had to root and download software to do that? I use the app wireless tether with my rooted SGS and that works a treat. I can have up to 5 devices using my internet connection through wifi.

I'm pretty sure you can only connect to a pc via usb without rooting.
  4. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

No, not true at all, even on Eclair firmwares this functionality was added by Samsung.
  5. vramagurubaran

vramagurubaran New Member

Hi.. I ve samsung galaxy s.. using vodafone network from India.. I tried to add a new access point. But even after I save, the access point name is not reflecting in the access point list. Pls help..