Samsung Galaxy S firmware Android 2.2Support

Last Updated:

1. tupique

tupique Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. tupique

tupique Member This Topic's Starter

After reading all the comments on the very same website, the firmware is the developer version of SGS Android 2.2 firmware. Quite unstable. Can't even run Flash 10.1 in out-of-the-box configuration. So don't download it, better wait for the official firmware from Samsung.

3. jimmy_bish

jimmy_bish Member

JP1 is an old Froyo rom. I've been running JPC for a little while now, and while some people mention stability issues, I haven't experienced any of them yet. The phone's running heaps better than any of the Eclair roms and I haven't installed any lag fix this time around.

And Flash 10.1 works a treat on the Galaxy S. Videos load fine and games run great. Looking forward to seeing if the official release is any better!

If you do choose to go with JPC, read the following threads in their entirety before going ahead. DON'T JUST JUMP IN!!!
    I9000XXJPC Change log and bugs - xda-developers (Changelog and bug tracking)
    [HOWTO+FAQ] Get Android 2.2 Froyo (I9000XXJPC) over KIES or ODIN! - xda-developers (Installation instructions)

Again, READ ALL THE REPLIES FIRST SO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GETTING YOURSELF INTO!!!!!! I can't stress that enough.

My Australian 16GB i9000 has been running brilliantly since I updated to JPC 3 days ago. Your mileage may vary.