Support Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 - Apps stuck @ Starting download forever

1. karunadheera

karunadheera New Member

I got my new Galaxy S one month back. I have no problems with any other functionality but Android Market. I can browse apps, but when I click install each get stuck at "Starting download..." screen, and never starts or fails. I had kept it for 3 days and still the same. Market / Google Apps / Download Manager clear cache / data does not help even. Phone restart also does not help.

So far the solution is do a factory reset and lose all current apps, then install 5 to 6 apps again. Then the same story begins. No more apps can be downloaded. Stuck @ "Starting download...".

"Samsung Apps" application works fine.

I also have tried all following firmware and problem persists.

I9000DXJE7
    I9000DXJF4
    I9000XWJFF
    I9000XWJG1
    I9000XWJG3
    I9000XXJE2
    I9000XXJE3
    I9000XXJE6
    I9000XXJE7
    I9000XXJE9
    I9000XXJF1
    I9000XXJF2
    I9000XXJF7
    I9000ZSJF5
    I9000ZSJF7

Advertisement
  2. Go to samsung customer care and give your phone for repair...

or lodge a complaint in consumer court against samsung..:mad:
  3. azzu123

azzu123 New Member

for every one who has this problem i had the same and spent like 10 minutes on the forums to see what i can do ,none of the things people posted we're understandable and heres one that is easy
    reset your phone ( everything will be lost ) and when u enter ur google mail for your app store make a new one using the phone and then it should work :):)
  4. Arjunpvk

Arjunpvk New Member

I faced the same problem and with some searching found this. Goto settings>applications>manage applications. Select filter and set it to show all. Select download manager and clear cache. This should help.