Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 - Apps stuck @ Starting download foreverSupport

1. karunadheera

karunadheera New Member

I got my new Galaxy S one month back. I have no problems with any other functionality but Android Market. I can browse apps, but when I click install each get stuck at "Starting download..." screen, and never starts or fails. I had kept it for 3 days and still the same. Market / Google Apps / Download Manager clear cache / data does not help even. Phone restart also does not help.

So far the solution is do a factory reset and lose all current apps, then install 5 to 6 apps again. Then the same story begins. No more apps can be downloaded. Stuck @ "Starting download...".

"Samsung Apps" application works fine.

I also have tried all following firmware and problem persists.

I9000DXJE7
    I9000DXJF4
    I9000XWJFF
    I9000XWJG1
    I9000XWJG3
    I9000XXJE2
    I9000XXJE3
    I9000XXJE6
    I9000XXJE7
    I9000XXJE9
    I9000XXJF1
    I9000XXJF2
    I9000XXJF7
    I9000ZSJF5
    I9000ZSJF7

Advertisement
    :
  2. Go to samsung customer care and give your phone for repair...

or lodge a complaint in consumer court against samsung..:mad:
  3. azzu123

azzu123 New Member

for every one who has this problem i had the same and spent like 10 minutes on the forums to see what i can do ,none of the things people posted we're understandable and heres one that is easy
    reset your phone ( everything will be lost ) and when u enter ur google mail for your app store make a new one using the phone and then it should work :):)
  4. Arjunpvk

Arjunpvk New Member

I faced the same problem and with some searching found this. Goto settings>applications>manage applications. Select filter and set it to show all. Select download manager and clear cache. This should help.