1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 freezes on start up

1. snorre89

snorre89 Member

I have a Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 which is on voodoo lagfix, with clockworkmod recovery. I was fixing some wifi-settings on my phone when it got stuck and I had to reboot. When I turned it on again, it got stuck with the big S logo, vibrating a lot not wanting to start up. So I did three button recovery, backed up system and data and did a factory reset.

Now, when I try to turn on the phone, it freezes even before the S appears and it gets stuck with the text " Galaxy S GT-I9000". I have tried to take out the battery and reboot with three button recovery, but I can't get any further.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get my phone working again? Thanks :)

Advertisement
  2. agnar11

agnar11 New Member

i might have the same problem have you got any tips
  3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Thread moved to the Samsung Galaxy S (support) Section. :)
  4. imaginarygur

imaginarygur New Member

Hi. Today my phone have the same situation as you. Do anyone know how to debug it?
  5. NZ_Nitro

NZ_Nitro Well-Known Member

sure do know how to help, but you need to provide some more info, here is a start [standard rom?, rooted?, 3 button working?, what were you doing before it went faulty? if you are on here at the right time I might be able to talk you through it