Samsung Galaxy S (GT-I9000) MMS/Internet Settings for AT&T (APN)Support

1. TMW597

TMW597 Member

For those of you that are using the true unbranded/unlocked Galaxy S from the UK here in the states, here are the MMS/Internet settings.

Go to Settings/Wireless and network/Mobile Networks/Access Point Names

Hit the menu button, then "new APN". The settings are as follows:

Name: AT&T (or whatever name you like)
    APN: wap.cingular
    Proxy: leave blank (Will read: <not set>)
    Port: leave blank (Will read: <not set>)
    User name: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM (Not sure if it's case sensitive, but I left it all capital letters)
    Password: CINGULAR1 (Not sure if it's case sensitive, but I left it all capital letters)
    Sever: leave blank (Will read: <not set>)
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication type: none
    APN type: internet+mms

I initially started researching this after I wasn't able to send or receive MMS. I could send regular text messages just fine though. I read posts all over the place and none of them were really defnitive in regards to the Galaxy S' settings. I tried some configurations that would allow me to send and receive MMS, but then the Internet wouldn't work. In other cases I would get the Internet but no MMS.

So after putting it all together, and trying a bunch of different configurations, the above is what I've confirmed as working. Just wanted to post it up so others don't have to spend the time I did.

Hope it helps.

Advertisement
    :
    123987 likes this.
  2. azngurl9330

azngurl9330 New Member

i have a samsung galaxy and i was wondering if you could tell me the APN you used that didn't allow internet but allowed mms. because i don't want internet. i just want mms on my phone. please? thank you.
  3. justiyad

justiyad Well-Known Member

Just create a new APN settings and only input the MMS settings, and for the type select MMS

MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication type: none
    APN type: mms
  4. azngurl9330

azngurl9330 New Member

i tried that but then it says that APN cannot be blank.
  5. justiyad

justiyad Well-Known Member

For the APN I believe it is wap.cingular
  6. azngurl9330

azngurl9330 New Member

i tried that. but when i try to select it, it doesn't let me.
  7. bagiadirong31

bagiadirong31 New Member

How can connect Galaxy S AT&T I9000 to PC ? Need software ? I want to sync music, video to cellphone and I don't know how. Samsung have Kies software for galaxy, and AT&T ?
  8. RobertCBoston

RobertCBoston New Member

I followed your APN settings, and Lo and Behold, I see the H+ on my status bar! What a relief, I don't (yet) have to root the device. WiFi Hotspot (on ATT) also works fine. Thanks again for the work.