Samsung Galaxy S i9000 - MP3 Issue

Last Updated:

1. PMChambers

PMChambers New Member This Topic's Starter

***Error Found***
    The phone did not recognize the ID3 tags. So would not populate the music list. Unsure what part of the ID3 tag was incorrect, however, if I opened the song via file directory then edited the Tags and re-saved without change it was fine. I use Media Monkey to edit Tags it may be saving it in a format that the phone can not understand.

I am having some issues playing MP3 on the Samsung GT-9000.
    I've put MP3 onto both internal and external SD Card (8Gb Sandisk) and the MP3 player does not see them. I have used CUBE & VLC MP3 player as well as the original player.

I can play the song by using File Manager and going to the file location and double clicking, so they work and are compatible so not an MP3 comparability issue. However the MP3 files don't seem to be listed when phone starts up for the players to play. None of the players have the ability to be directed to a file location directly.

I've put MP3 on two ways,
    1. Through KIES. This is not my preference anyway as it makes a Media folder rather than individual artists folders.
    2. Using USB Debug and dropping folders onto SD card. I prefer this method, I I have more control over the structure.

I have rooted the phone but don't know if this is the issue as never tried MP3 before hand. I tend to play podcasts and audible books, which all work fine.
    PDA

Advertisement
  2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Does the media scanner run when you power on the phone? I know that some custom ROMs disabled media scanner auto run.

3. PMChambers

PMChambers New Member This Topic's Starter

When I turn on the phone it says, "Preparing internal mass storage"
    I put a program on called File manager which scans the SD card and lists the MP3's. i can then individually select them and play that way.

Not sure the SD card (ext & Int) is getting full scanned at start up?

Is it worth re-flashing the firmware and installing the ROM again? I'd prefer not to.