• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S II Passess FCC With AT&T Bands

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
Looks like the Samsung Galaxy S2 may finally make its way to the States or Canada with today’s FCC approval. The device was spotted on the government agency’s website with AT&T bands lining the insides.Oddly enough, AT&T and Samsung have asked us to save the day for an event in New York today, but we’re [...]

More...

The Froyo updates for US galaxy S did roll out, but way late compared to phones from other manufacturers.

Is it the carriers' or Samsung's fault? All other mfg's managed to release Froyo updates really fast thru US carriers, so either Samsung delivered subpar software to the carriers, which in turn rejected it, or they delivered it late. Eitherway, it points to Samsung.

I don't think the US carriers on purpose singled out Samsung while allowed other mfg's such as Moto and HTC to release their updates in a more timely manner.

Reactions: jroc
Upvote 0
yeah well Samsung, let's see if you continue to support my current galaxy S, and only then I'd consider sending my hard earned money your way.

So far, you have failed do deliver updates in any reasonable time frame.

Other than flash support it's not like froyo and gingerbread have actually added anything major to the galaxy s.

It's like many of you just want updates for the sake of having updates, in fact being on gingerbread isnt that great, allot developers still need update their apps.

Your better off on froyo right now.

Upvote 0
The big difference for Samsung galaxy S on gingerbread will be the elimination of the laggy and slow Samsung RFS filesystem. Galaxy S users will see most of the lag go away with the gingerbread upgrade. I believe Samsung moves to the ext4 filesystem.

So no, it's not wanting updates for the sake of it. Froyo on galaxy S is still quite laggy because of the slow RFS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones