• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S may get froyo update on Sept. 23

Right right, and WHY are you posting in a thread about Froyo again? If the phone is an orgasm with 2.1 WHY aren't you using it instead of whining about people wondering where the update is?:rolleyes: I've said it before and I'll say it yet again for the slow learners here, I paid good money for the Vibrant and I'll bitch to my heart's content that 2.2 (and especially the gps fix) is taking too long to get here. Why does this bother some people so much?

Because, at least to me, the forum whining is getting old. It's not going to make the updates come any faster. I've called both Samsung and T-Mobile and said my piece and that's about all I can do. Don't get me wrong, I'm as excited as the next person to get the updates, but I dont understand what bitching, moaning, and not enjoying our phones in the meantime will accomplish. As to why I'm posting in this thread, it's because I'd like answers, too. But, I don't want to wade through posts seemingly written by cranky toddlers in order to get relevant information. We can agree to disagree, that's fine.

Upvote 0
my phone has a manual gps fix in place my gps works just fine but the point being the updates to froyo now i d k what the update was that i delayed yesterday but i cant get it back i get the no firmware dialog when i click software update in settings but it seems i d k why people are so intent on froyo i have free wireless tethering im rooted and i have gps fixed what else does froyo fix im lagfixed im overclocked am i missing somthing

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones