• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S Newbie

tebcrot

Lurker
Jul 2, 2010
Newbie who has just brought a Samsung Galaxy S on Vodafone. Soooo quick - has beaten my friends iPhone 4 on all occasions (although he is still on O2 which is generally pants in London).

These are the little gems I'm enjoying that you can't do on a iPhone 4:

* Mobile Tracker - You can set it up such that if a different SIM card is placed in your phone it will text their number to a number you designate to help you recover your phone.
* Phone Numbers - When entering numbers, you don't just have to assign them to Mobile, Work, Home, Fax. You can name each number * Listening to the radio without having to use my Internet allowance
* Editing Microsoft documents
* Pattern Unlocking - To access the phone you have to draw a pattern on the screen rather than a 4 digit number (although you can lock the SIM with a 4 digit PIN code if you wish).
* Auto-reject feature - Enter a list of numbers you never want to answer.
* Locale App - you can personalise your phone according to your local (e.g. turn off sound & wifi when at work automatically)
* Free Sat Nav App can be downloaded
* Live Backgrounds - aquarium, matrix, rotating earth
* Dolphin Browser with Flash Support
* 1GB download limit at

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones