Samsung Galaxy S notification problem

Last Updated: 2011-12-07 16:45:27
  1. tpat92

tpat92 New Member

I got a mac about two or three weeks ago. Since then my phone won't tell me when I have a notification at all. I don't know if it has something to do with the mac or not. I've gone through and turned off the notifications then turned them back on and still nothing. I'm really starting to get irritated with this.

Advertisement
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

What does having a Mac anything to do with your phone? Did you do something to your phone via the Mac?
  3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

It's just a coincidence unless you dropped the Mac on your phone. When you say you get no notifications, you mean no sound, no vibration and nothing in the notification tray for texts, missed calls, calendar appointments, email ... anything?
  4. tpat92

tpat92 New Member

I just mean facebook and twitter notifications. And they stopped working the night I got my Mac, after I set it up and downloaded the facebook and twitter apps for it.
  5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Interesting observation. It sounds for all intents an purposes that the Mac apps have hijacked your notifications. I am not exactly sure how each works but if the Mac receives the notifications prior to the phone and then acknowledges that the message is received, then it may never get sent to the phone as well. Perhaps if you tried turning off the Mac for a while and see if notifications resume.
  6. tpat92

tpat92 New Member

I've done that, I've also restarted my phone and taken the battery out and put it back in. Neither worked. I just deleted the apps off my computer, hopefully that'll work.