Samsung Galaxy S Plus can't automatically connect to wifi?

1. peter12345

peter12345 Member

Hi i have a new samsung galaxy s plus and i can connect to wifi without problems but when i leave my home-wifi and go to another place (my work) then it can't automatically connec't to the new wifi eventhough i have wifi sleep policies set to "never". To turn wifi on I have to manually turn wifi off and on or manually start an application such as "wifi manager" which i downloaded from google play to solve the problem but it doesn't work all the time.

Why doesn't the phone work right. Should I deliver the phone back to the seller and complain about it?

Or do some of you know another app which can automatically search for wifi and connect?. WiFi Manager by "Kostya Vasilyev" only works sometime but usually it doesn't work :(.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Well-Known Member

Likely there is nothing wrong with the phone. Try putting the phone back to it's original configuration. Uninstall WiFi Manager and disable or uninstall any other 3rd-party WiFi apps or widgets. If it still won't connect properly post back here.
  3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

On a Galaxy S and Galaxy SL, it automatically connects to WiFi as long as the WiFi has been "remembered" by the phone. Even if the phone comes in range of WiFi hotspots, if these aren't remembered, then the phone won't connect automatically.
  4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

Is your phone a Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus?
  5. peter12345

peter12345 Member

Hi the phone is about 1 month old and it didn't work from the start. Then i installed wifi manager but the problem consisted. Btw i have seen many other threads about this problem without any solution soo perhaps it's just the way it is hmm. But as you suggest i will try desinstall and see how it works. The phone is a Samsung I9001 Galaxy S Plus phone.
  6. peter12345

peter12345 Member

7. Stevex998

Stevex998 Member

I have a SGS+. Once you have carried out the initial registration of phone to the modem you want to connect up to, the phone should connect automatically from then on. I have done this with my home modem in the UK and the one I use when working abroad.
    Most of the time though I use my Widgetsoid WiFi widget to deselect wifi when I go out so as to save battery juice; when I get back within my modem range I turn wifi back on via the widget, connects every time.
  8. afish79

afish79 New Member

my phone is a Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus and i can not connect with wifi.

all time it make turning on and turning off.

any help ?
  9. Dieselbud

Dieselbud Well-Known Member

Mine started doing this too. I have had this phone for over a year and never had to manage my wifi. As soon as I got within range of my home wifi it connected. Now I have to manually connect by turning it off and then on again.

If I forget to do this, it eats up my 3g data plan. And I cannot find anything in my settings to make it connect automatically unless I am missing something.

It has been happening for about a week and I am not sure what I did in that time to have changed it. I do not have any wifi management apps as far as I know. Not that I downloaded on purpose.

I am running gingerbread for about a month and this has only been happening for about a week.
  10. windstrings

windstrings Well-Known Member

It appears to be a software quirk. Something about wifi need to be on but "not connected".. so if your within a remembered signal, tell it to "forget" for now.
    Once you get it working you no longer have an issue and can use it like normal.
    Seems the software "or firmware" needs jarring.

Rather than double post, I addressed a fix I figured out here...

http://androidforums.com/nexus-s-su...ot-working-but-usb-tethering.html#post4791694

Post #3
  11. samarthpatel91

samarthpatel91 New Member

i khow this problem. Thats the bug in the new firmware. But there is a solution. In your wifi router there is lan setting option where ull find Lease Time. Set it to two weeks. Lease was set to "forever" actually, I changed it to one day, rebooted both and now it seems to work fine, I've tried downloading bigger files and playing some games online, it didn't drop at all! I twill not disconnect again.

Thanks for your answers, hopefully it'll stay like this.