Samsung Galaxy S & POP don't play nice togetherSupport

Last Updated:

1. tamivroma

tamivroma Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all--Just took back my first Galaxy S and got another-some of problems seem to be the phone but the one important thing to me did not get fixed by a new phone.

I have a Pop3 account and it just stops receiving. After calling Verizon and doing a search I found I am not the only one having the problem.

The fix it seems is to get the K-9 email client. I have this installed and it seems to be working ok but I am a little miffed that a simple thing like a stock pop3 account isn't working.

Trying to decide if I should keep it or take it back.

Advertisement
  2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

What is your firmware version?

3. swamprat96

swamprat96 Active Member

It's apparently fixed in froyo. So hang in there. K9 works fine for now

4. Wild Thing

Wild Thing Well-Known Member

I did find if you switched on wifi the pop 3 would go dead. So all I do now is switch off wifi when not required and just restart the phone and all is well again.

5. tamivroma

tamivroma Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Not happy with that fix wild thing - will hang in there with K9 . .

6. bind00

bind00 Well-Known Member

I had the same problem and am glad it led me to find K-9 which has way more options.

(Something I only discovered today was 'bcc all messages to' under Account Settings > Composition Defaults. I blind copy myself so I have a record on my desktop of all mail sent from the phone. I set up a rule in Thunderbird to move all mail addressed from me to the Sent folder. Perfect.)

7. twilsoncohen

twilsoncohen New Member

I just purchased the Samsung Vibrant, Galaxy S and added a hotmail and Cox.net account. It was fine for a couple of days and then I began to experience not receiving my emails. I downloaded MailDroid and am back up and running. What a genius! I do have a question. Does anyone know how I should set up my Cox.net account for incoming and outgoing including port information. Though I am getting the majority of my emails for the Cox.net account, the screen goes into a mode which exhibits a list of several "Cant read"and I have to refresh the browser. Also, I am still experiencing not getting some emails on this account. Perhaps I do not have it set up correctly?
    Would appreciate any help!
    Tina

8. Ridgeroader

Ridgeroader New Member

I tried Maildroid on my Samsung Mesmerize. I would get a few messages on k9 but miss others. I switched to Maildroid which seems to work better. I found out that Maildroid defaults to delete mail from server when the phone receives it. I shut that off so I can have a copy on my computer & on the phone. I couldn't find that setting with K9. If anyone knows how to do that, I would appreciate a post on it.

9. Ridgeroader

Ridgeroader New Member

I had a BB 8330 Curve with several email addresses. All worked fine. Now this Mesmerize will not connect with my Juno account at all. I've contacted Juno for settings; they won't give them up. Anyone have any luck with Juno on this kind of phone? What are the settings?