• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help samsung galaxy s possessed phone - problems

raduculus

Lurker
Nov 7, 2010
samsung galaxy s possessed phone

Hi guys,
The phone started to behave strangely. Notice the right side of the screen is behaving like it's being touched, making the phone to access everything on that side. I didn't solve the problem no matter what I did - uninstalling applications, reset to factory default, etc... nothing. Observe in the video at the minute 1:25 I opened Paint application and observed how the screen started to click on the right side... I will send the phone in service and wait for their response. If you've experienced same problems with your galaxy S ... and you managed to solve them, please let me know.

I have a similar problem with a Nook Color. I tried everything restoring it to stock, tried some antivirus software, even returned it and got a new one. Eventually the problem came back.

In Android there is a testing program called Monkey that is used in development to stress test application by firing random touch events. However there is no reason why the program would be running randomly.

I am completely perplexed on why or how this is happening. Things I noticed that might possibly point to something malicious. It appears to not happen until I open a wifi connection. The strange thing is that even after I close the wifi connection it will still continue. It appears once I reboot to a closed wifi connection the problem does not happen until I open a wifi connection again.

If you send it back make sure they test it while connected to the internet.

Reactions: allambition
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones