• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Samsung Galaxy S problem with top "slider"

pbecks1973

Lurker
Nov 25, 2010
Hello,

I am new to android and the i9000. (but i managed to upgrade it to android V2.2, root the device and got rid off the lag (lag fix). Benchmark test shot up from 790 to 1890!!!

However! Every now and then (as specialy at the end of the day) I have got a problem with the "thingy" (notification bar) that slides down and shows if the wifi/bluetooth/sync/ is on or off (it also shows app's that are being downloaded/installed from android market, etc..)

It doesn't slide down (completely) anymore. After a reboot everything is ok for a while...

??? help

some data:

Kernel: 2.6.32.9 ROOT@SE-S608 #1
Build: FROYO-XWJPA
MODEL: GT-I9000

I also have had this problem 2 or 3 times. I have no idea what causes this. if i uses normal speed when pulling it down, it stops about where u see that gray grabber thing and maybe 2 pixels down. If i try to pull it down superfast, i can if lucky get it halfway down. Also, when i pull the notf.bar it freezes, meaning, i cant pull it up or click it, i have to press home-key to make my phone work.

Althougt a restart fixes this, i always wonder why it sometime crashes

Upvote 0
I'm having this problem. The notification bar is stuck at top and I'm unable to bring it down and view all the notifications. However, I can see the notifications via Menu->Notifications.

Didnt wanna open a new thread since there was one existing on the same topic without a possible solution.

hopefully the next update should fix this.

Data:
Firmware: 2.2
Baseband version: I9000DDJP2
Build: FROYO.DDJP6

Upvote 0
I've not had this problem since flashing custom roms (using Doc's kitchen rom right now). But you'll need to root your phone first. I did it using z4root; it's a one step process that's been problem-free for me. Before rooting and flashing a rom, you need to check whether you have the button recovery mode, read up extensively and ask questions if need be. Doc's rom is great for support as there are kind volunters who man the chat line.

Upvote 0
I have no idea why, but this is coming from Skype!

What i did:
I had same problem with the status (notification) bar, and couldn't fix it.
I made a factory reset and the effect was gone.
I installed Skype again and after some time with no problems I touched the slider for something - immediately I got the bad behavior again.

I do not want to do factory reset again, but it seems I'll have to. :(
Anyone else noticed this, or am I nuts?

2.2 gt-i9000

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones