Samsung Galaxy S problem.Support

1. wirebread

wirebread New Member

Hello there. First thing I want to point out is that I've checked all the possible threads I could find and none could seem to have a solution to my problem. Here it comes.
    I wish to point out that I HAVE connected the phone to my PC before, but this time I have a problem and don't seem to be able to fix it.
    When I plug my phone into the PC, it charges. If I unlock the screen, it says 'connected', however the PC doesn't detect the device at all. I do have Kies, it is fully updated, I have tried reinstalling it's drivers, to no avail. I have tried changing the port I plug the phone into, to no avail.
    I am really really running low on ideas here, here's what I haven't tried:
    - Completely reinstalling Kies
    - Taking a different cable to connect ( I'm using the original one )
    - Resetting my phone.
    If you have a solution, please help. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. nieltab

nieltab Well-Known Member

Try going to menu --> setting --> wireless&network --> USB helpprograms

Now press the button and connect it with the cable. Make sure you first press the button before you plug the cable in.

(I translated it from dutch, so Im not sure about how the sections are called in English.)
  3. wirebread

wirebread New Member

Supposing that you meant settings-> wireless and network -> USB settings
    I went there, the only things I could chose were:
    Samsung Kies
    Media player
    USB mass storage
    If by 'button' you mean select Kies before trying to plug the phone in, it's already done.
    Thanks for trying, anyway.
  4. wirebread

wirebread New Member

For your information, I have tried completely reinstalling Kies, and it didn't help. I honestly have no idea what to do anymore.
  5. nieltab

Hmm then their seems to be much difference between galaxy s and galaxy s advance. On my phone there is just 1 button, nothing you could choose between. Have you tried mass storage? Then the computer sees your phone as a usb-stick so you can acces all folders.
  6. andrew1478

andrew1478 New Member

hi this is my problem i have the gt-I9000 when i start up my hand held it get to the lock screen when i unlock it my screen goes blank what can i do
  7. nieltab

I think its best if you start your own thread, then people will be glad to help you.
  8. wirebread

wirebread New Member

Yes, I have. It doesn't work for me.