1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Samsung Galaxy S Protection (EU Version = Vibrant US Version)Support

1. Astridax93

Astridax93 Well-Known Member

Hi, I am having my Galaxy S delivered tomorrow and was wondering what protection people are using. I was going to use some sort of film protector, such as Zagg invisible shield and a Flip Case. But the only flip case I can find for the Galaxy S looks horrid, and I am not sure on the texture of Zagg Invisible Shields.

I have also considered silicone gel cases, but I am having trouble finding one that is nice, and pouches in combo with a screen protector.

What would you use and if I did buy a screen protector, which brand should it be, I want one that will protect but with minimum difference to the feel or colour of the screen.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Shocky

Shocky Well-Known Member

I only use a phone sock, protects it well in my pocket and gives me something to rest the phone on.

Tried once without and ended up with a few marks on the casing which are just about noticable, nothing else was even in my pocket.

Case needs more protection than the screen it seems. :(
    Astridax93 likes this.
  3. Astridax93

Astridax93 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the most probable solution for me at the moment, is a screen protector for when I am using it, and some sort of pouch, the Flip Cases atm look too bulky and there isn't a silicone gel case I like at the moment.
  4. Shocky

Shocky Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's worth getting one imo just for piece of mind, still waiting for a decent case so the sock will do for now.
  5. Geryatrix

Geryatrix Well-Known Member

If you are in the UK, I've found a superb leather pull-up case on the bay, for the princely sum of
    Astridax93 likes this.
  6. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

They even make cases for Galaxy yet?
  7. larryccf

larryccf Well-Known Member

8. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

I was told that the cases for Galaxy S won't arrive until next weekend. But then, I live in Hong Kong, right on the edge of China, where pretty much all the phone cases in the world are made. So the rest of you might have to wait a little longer.

I am not using any protector right now. The screen is meant to be anti-scratch....
  9. bobtodd

bobtodd Active Member

PDAir seem to have a pretty good selection of cases for the S. I've got one of the book-style ones - it's a good fit and not too bulky
  10. grunge666

grunge666 Member

I've ordered a silicon skin from Amazon -
  11. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

Hope I can find something better than a crappy sillicon case. Hopefully some good cases come out soon.
  12. lawrencelaw

lawrencelaw New Member

Hi...

The ultra clear screen protector from pdair is great! When i applied the screen protector, i thought i did a terrible job (full of bubbles). After a few days i could not stand it and removed the bubble filled screen layer..or so i thought.

A week later as i was cleaning the finger prints stains off the screen i noticed at the edges of the phone that there "line" that was actually the outline of the screen protector! I realized i removed the plastic piece that was protecting the actual screen protector and did not even noticed that the screen protector was applied!

Sorry for the rant...obviously i am optically challenged. I just thought the best screen protectors are those that you cannot detect their presence!:rolleyes:

I also got the pdair black flip case...and it fits nicely.

Lawrence
  13. ar_mobile

ar_mobile Member

Black silicone case from Amazon UK. I bought it for GBP 4.00. Fits and protects well. Improves grip.
    Generic screen protector for a fiver from Amazon UK. Easy application and care.
    I hate additional layers on my phone hardware but these two serve well and unintrusive.
    I use Invisibable Shield on my iPhone 3G. It's ok. Expensive though.
  14. hayesb2

hayesb2 Member

15. onearmgeek

onearmgeek Member

I found the Samsung Clear protective cover with kickstand the best thing. Lovin the kickstand since I can have it portrait or landscape to view my movies and slideshow pictures.

$24.99 #SUPA35163

OP - what did you go with?
  16. hayesb2

hayesb2 Member

Will the SUPA35163 case with stand fit the Captivate?
    What other cases are available for the Captivate with stands?
    I am having a hard time finding any...
  17. onearmgeek

onearmgeek Member

18. hayesb2

hayesb2 Member

Dont think that answered my question...

Will the SUPA35163 case with stand fit the Captivate?