Samsung Galaxy S Push EmailSupport

Last Updated:

1. mrmike85

mrmike85 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey there not sure if this has been put on before but I had a look and couldn't see it, so apologises if it has.

I have the Samsung Galaxy S and it works absolutely fine, except in one aspect and thats with the push email service, it acts more like Pull than Push. I should probably its an Orange branded phone and its on their network). Its a normal hotmail.com account, the issue is a bizarre one. I won't get emails for a while, so i'll open the email application and their will be nothing there, then I come out of it, once out of it I will then get my emails through and then about 2 minutes after my email's come through I will get the notification (helpful :p). I don't click retrieve or anything they just happen to come through.

I'm running Firmware version 2.1 update 1. if thats any help (or hindrance)

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Wild Thing

Wild Thing Well-Known Member

Are the APN setting correct for the orange network?

3. mrmike85

yeah i've double checked and internet works fine. I get the emails but only when I open the icon.

4. Wild Thing

Wild Thing Well-Known Member

Ahh.. Try opening your email icon then the menu button open account settings and set email check frequency to example 10 minutes

5. mrmike85

Thanks for the posts, Its a Push email service so its not something that should be checked it should just come straight through to the phone.