1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung Galaxy S Reception problems

Last Updated:

1. Astridax93

Astridax93 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It seem that other people are having Samsung Galaxy S Reception problems. I unfortunately am one of them. In my bed room I used to get full 3g signal on my old phone, I am lucky if I get 3 bars now. At my dad's house he had 5 bars signal, and he usually is worse signal than me. I at that point had 0 bars, and my phone reported no service.

Is this a hardware problem or a software one. I am not sure whether to return the phone or keep it, I really like everything about it, and some lag has been sorted in the custom rom at modaco, however I am not sure whether to try it, cause If I need to return it, I'll have voided my warranty.

Advertisement
  2. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Bars are subjective, and not all bars are the same. Despite the difference in "bars", you may be receiving the same quality signal.

3. Astridax93

Yeah I understand that, but if you look at the wiki page it says the maximum signal for a 3g device is about 24dbm. I am looking at -111dbm, I am not sure if this is good, however I did a 3g speed test and got 0.8 Mb/s

4. mkglobal

mkglobal Member

-111 dBm is really bad. On most phones -111 is barely 1 bar.

5. Astridax93

Yeah I am not sure If my phone is reporting it correctly though. The time to send my phone back has also passed :(.