Samsung galaxy s reciever cannot hear callSupport

Last Updated:

1. silvermerlin

silvermerlin New Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 5, 2010
    I have a samsung galaxy s that has been updated to android 2.2 (JM7)on vodafone the phone has been repaired once as it dropped received calls. The problem I now have is that when I make a call i can hear someone perfectly but my words are mumbled and sound distant and they struggle to hear what I am saying. Does anyone know of a fix for this! it is driving me mad I don't want to send the phone off to be fixed again as this takes a week. It does not happen all the time and is nothing to do with the reception. Checked the microphone on sounds recording and it is fine.

It is nothing to do with the placement of my hand over the microphone when making a call as I already have tested this. I also do not think the microphone is dodgy as it does not happen all the time. I have a feeling it might be a firmware problem but I am on the latest update according to KIES.

Can anyone help on the community . It is really frustrating because I like the phone but it is not much use if people cannot not here me! is there any fix for this. Spent ages on the internet and cannot find anything relevant.