1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung Galaxy S - SMS new contacts search

Last Updated:

1. Jotang

Jotang New Member This Topic's Starter

1 m a new samsung mobile owner, and samsung galaxy is my first! Not sure if my mobile set has a problem.
    I have set the contacts display option to phone. I have also stored similar contacts in my SIM card for backup.
    Problem::confused:
    Create new sms, search for contacts. And a long list of contacts with a duplicate names! Hence, very confusing to choose the correct contact. No display of contact numbers to easy additions!
    No problem in searching contacts to make call, it shows up correctly with only the applicable contacts as per phone.
    What happens?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. MJM128

MJM128 Well-Known Member

It's probably getting doubles from when you sync it with google? Try going into gmail and editing your contacts and look for ones that are posting double contacts or merge contacts that are the same.

3. Nora

Nora Member

I have the exact same problem, Jotang.

I am thinking of deleting either the phone or the SIM contacts (and have only one set) BUT I can't find a way to go about this either.

Any ideas?

4. Moonfire

Moonfire Well-Known Member

Not sure about deleting just the contacts on the phone itself (not syncing other accounts and deleting them all, perhaps?) but I can show you where it's getting the Google ones at least. (Note: I have a Fascinate, not sure if it's any different.)

If you go to Menu > Settings > Accounts & sync (you can also open Contacts and go to Menu > Accounts), you can see what accounts your phone is getting information from. Select your gmail account, and uncheck "Sync Contacts". This is also where you can add accounts - for instance, I added my Facebook so I could have pictures for some of my contacts.