1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Samsung Galaxy S sound problemsSupport

1. 225nitsirk

225nitsirk New Member

Hi,
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S and when I get a new notification the sound does not go off...I get the message but no sound...I have turned the phone off, taken the battery out..everything...does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it so I have a sound when I get a new message???

Advertisement
    :
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to the forums, 225nitsirk.

Make sure you've not only got notifications set by the check box in the Sound and Display menu, but also that the volume of notifications is raised high enough for you.

Also, make sure that you have a valid ringtone set in the messaging app settings menu.
  3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!
  4. 225nitsirk

225nitsirk New Member

Everything is turned on in my settings, volume on high, but still no sound
  5. pivel

pivel New Member

Also had the same problem, only solution is to do a factory reset but be sure to back up your contacts, photos, music and videos on samsung kies before you do.
  6. amarsol

amarsol New Member

The Galaxy S is crap, buy it on June 20, 2011 and July 12, 2011 yesterday half the screen is turned black. I never fell and was not wet. The cell phone companies are about ready that quickly say that the cell received a blow and the warranty does not cover the shots. Now they want you to pay the full cost of the phone to give me a new one. This phone sucks, it's more if I paid in my life and damage to me in less than a month. No good, do not buy it.