Samsung Galaxy S Support QuestionSupport

Last Updated:

1. arthur568

arthur568 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Guys,

I am relatively new to this forum. I was wondering if any of you have had experience with Samsung's Galaxy Support. And your opinions about sending the phones back to them.

I contacted Samsung Galaxy S Support this morning about my phone's random freeze-up then restart problems after the OTA update. Just to give you guys a little background, my phone was perfectly functional prior to the update. Even the GPS would lock if I just leave it on for a few minutes. However, after the update, I am experiencing these random freeze-ups, during which my phone would not respond to any touchscreen buttons, nor any of the physical buttons. It'll finally come out of it by restarting itself. In addition, I can no longer get the GPS to lock no matter how long I leave it on.

After talking to the Samsung support, she asked for my information and sent me 2 emails. The first one had the ticket number and a description of the problem. The second one was a shipping label for UPS. Even though I had stressed that the problem was probably a software issue due to the OTA update, she put the problem down as "LCD/Touch Panel/LED/Touch Screen Not Working". In addition, I get errors on the UPS site every time I want to retrieve my shipping label.

The tech support person also promised that if they can't fix my phone by reflashing it, they will send me a *new* unit. Not refurbished. Should I trust them? I am really worried that they'll take my phone, reflash it, and send it back to me without testing it. Given how many people are having troubles with this phone, I really doubt that they'll spend much time testing each phone. Since the freeze-up problem happens on average once a day, I am almost certain that they won't see it when testing it.

From my general interactions with tech support, I know that these people do NOT handle our products with care. So is sending in my phone a good idea? I don't want it coming back with scratches and dents since I have been so careful with it for the past 2 months.

I bought my phone on Letstalk.com, so getting AT&T to replace is not an option. So in summary, should I send my phone in? Or should I just live with the fact that the GPS is now broken like everyone else's, and hope the random restart problem goes away? Should I bother contacting AT&T since it is their OTA update that broke my phone?

Sorry for the long post. Comments and ideas are greatly appreciated.

Advertisement