Samsung Galaxy S, unlocked Bell to koodo.Support

Last Updated:

1. DSoup

DSoup New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, new to the site and trying to get my first android phone. I've found a deal for 350 for an unlocked Galaxy S from Bell. My question is if it will work with Koodo. I've read that Bell and Koodo (essentially telus) run the same bands and should therefore work, but otherwise I do not know if this is the case. Does anyone else know the answer?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Shabibbles

Shabibbles Member

I'm not too knowledgeable on running phones on different networks... however I can tell you that Telus and Bell don't use the same networks. My GF's Father worked for Telus, an said that it's really just a rumour.

Makes sense to me as well, because occasionally my GF will have terrible problems with her phone on Telus (connectivity), when mine works flawlessly.

3. randyhk

randyhk Active Member

even then, i don't think koodo even sell the sim cards for those type of phones.

4. Blue1k

Blue1k Well-Known Member

Not true. Koodoo launched their HSPA network this year.
    They use the same WCDMA (HSPA/3G) bands as Telus, Bell, Rogers, Fido.

That and the mention that Bell and Telus don't use the same network is also wrong. In fact they both have an HSPA network that they piggy back off the same towers! The difference in reception is due to carrier/handset issues. :(

See here:

Koodo Mobile - Phone Compatibility Test

The Bell Vibrant will work fine. :D