Samsung galaxy S?

Last Updated:

1. Oinodis

Oinodis New Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 21, 2010
    Hi! just would like to hear your idea about that...I recentely have seen the Samsung Galaxy S and , well, was really impressed about that!:) Then I have seen the new HTC Desire and heard good rumors about that. So, I was wondering, which one would you take as an alternative to the iPhone 4G? I have seen some price alternatives for Samsung
    Contract Mobile Phones galaxy s: compare models and prices contract mobile phones galaxy s. - ShoppyDoo
    and HTC
    Contract Mobile Phones htc desire: compare models and prices contract mobile phones htc desire. - ShoppyDoo

for the UK market, as I live in London.
    What would you take if you were in my shoes?
    Ta guys,

2. 3gAndroid

3gAndroid Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2010

1- iPhone 4
    2- Galaxy S / AT&T version: Captivate
    3- Droid X

My favorite by a wide margin is the Galaxy S

It's 4.0" Super AMOLED Display, and excellent build quality are just two reasons I find it the best. There is no perfect choice, simply the one that you like. The combination of features, sleek size and light weight are the hallmarks of the Galaxy S that make it the best for me. Topped off by the best display that I've seen makes it my go to device every time.
  3. marefin

marefin Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    I have the Galaxy S Captivate and simply put it's an awesome phone. There are some issues that you should be made aware of:

1. GPS does not work on this phone. Samsung has a fix coming out "soon"
    2. There is a lag issue, but that is very easily fixed via rooting. And there's an app that roots and applies a lag fix. You can get the app from the market, it's called One Click Lag Fix. And it does a really good job too.

Other than that, I haven't had any issues with it. Some people complain about TouchWiz, but I honestly didn't have any issues with it. I didn't mind it, I didn't hate it or love it. I use Launcher Pro and it works perfectly.
  4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Jan 19, 2010

Samsung Galaxy S - Android Forums

and here:

HTC Desire - Android Forums

my friend... you'll see posts from users of those devices.. it may help you decide, or at least give you another factor or two. ;)