• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S2 4G Root & Recovery

Hey TheBritton,

Thanks for the info. I've been doing research before I upgrade to the Galaxy S2. I think you said you also had the Triumph before. How's the battery life on the GS2 in comparison? I need to charge my Triumph running CM7 every 4-6 hours and I can't take it anymore.

Did you notice a difference in battery life before and after rooting the GS2 in the short time you've had it?

Thanks again.

Haven't had a chance to test out real world battery usage.
The S2 has a higher capacity battery than the Triumph. I had great battery life with the Triumph running MTDEV-CM7. The S2 will have longer battery life if you aren't using 4G. I have no 4G in my area but I do when I travel. I will check back with results of the battery life. I've only had the phone up and running for less than 12 hours now now because I soft bricked my phone the first night I bought it (November 21) and just successfully recovered it and rooted it last night.

I'm sure someone else can make a more useful comment on their battery usage :)

Reactions: OZON3
Upvote 0
Do you happen to know what the yellow triangle is and the odin count is?

I believe the Odin counter is to let the manufacture/carrier know if you installed a custom rom or recovery at all.

The yellow triangle is there to serve the same purpose.. to let a manufacturer, dealer, carrier etc know that the firmware has been tampered with.

There is a paid app in the market called Triangle Away that can remove the triangle.

You can spend a couple bucks on a USB jig that resets the Odin count, which is always good to have around anyways.

How to reset Odin Binary Counter on Samsung Epic Touch 4G with USB Jig/Dongle - YouTube

Rwilco12's Android Repository

Reactions: b_randon14
Upvote 0
Thanks (that's embarrassing)

Link to the open source (Enter FJ12 in search)

Samsung Open Source Release Center

Hopefully with Samsung doing the Virgin Mobile mods, this phones OS will be in better shape than what Motorola dropped on us for the Triumph.

Im downloading the source right now! Man I can't wait to get this phone in!!

Upvote 0
Hey I followed the guide and well, my phone is still running on a sprint rom that i messed around with few days back :/ i really wanna switch my phone back to virgin mobile but i cant seem to find anything that can help me. My mms isnt working either and the boot animation is showing sprint. Can anyone help me please? I dont want to return it or exchange it because im afraid they would say no.

Reactions: mik991
Upvote 0
I'll see what I can do if someone can dump me a stock rom. I don't have the phone...yet, but I can still start on a MidnightRom for this even without it.

Hoping for some nice people to send me some donations so I can dev WITH the phone though ^_^

*hint hint* xD

How much do you need? Perhaps we can get some donations going here. I'd love to see some roms from you here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones