Samsung Galaxy S2 - Black or White?General

Last Updated:

1. tinman_94

tinman_94 Member

Hello!

Recently got the SGS2 in black and have to decide today (30/08/2011) whether or not I want to keep it.

The white one is due to be released on September 1st and I really like the look of it - your thoughts? White or Black?

I've upgraded with Virgin Mobile and am in the UK - I'm not sure if they are going to release the white version - can anyone shed any light on this?

Or should I just wait longer? iPhone 5? Google Nexus Prime? Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus (if it exists)? Any others?

Any help is really appreciated!

Thanks in advance... :D

Advertisement
  2. heshanj

heshanj Well-Known Member

well the color is obviously a personal choice :) i havent really heard about a white version but i wuoldnt really care coz i dislike phones in white :D as for the other phones u mentioned, u could wait n see but in my opinion, the SGS2 is gonna be a tough phone to beat for a while at least..
    Twinn likes this.
  3. Puccagirl

Puccagirl Member

4. lankunit

lankunit Well-Known Member

The white colour of it would most likely make it stand out more from the other devices. Just like the white iphone as opposed to the black. It might even make it seem like that your phone is more "rare"
  5. HTC_Wallpaper

HTC_Wallpaper New Member

Its really co.....ol, I love the white.. I'd take the white for sure.
  6. hellybob

hellybob Well-Known Member

It's all personal choice but I would stay with the black one. I am not a great fan of white phones.
  7. VulturePenguin

VulturePenguin Active Member

Not a fan of white phones. Much prefer the black!
  8. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

9. Miths000

Miths000 Well-Known Member

Any kind of image (wallpaper, app background, whatever) with pure black edges look phenomenal on the black GS2.
    Blacks on the OLED screen are so pitch black they almost blend seamlessly with the black frame of the phone, making it look like you have text/images printed directly onto the front of the phone itself, rather than a screen.
  10. sharshar

sharshar Active Member

The white one looks nice too! I guess Samsung is coming out w/ white phones as well since Apple is out w/ their white iPhones.
  11. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Well-Known Member

You white SG2 will only start to look nasty after a few days. Sooner of later the back will also change color and will not clean up to match the rest of the phone.
  12. tinman_94

tinman_94 Member

Thanks for all of your responses guys! :D

I have decided to stick with the black one, mainly due to Miths000's comment about the blending of the screen and the phone's frame.

Thanks! :cool:
  13. Jono70

Jono70 Member

I quite fancied a white one but none of my local stores had a demonstrator I could see "in the flesh." On the mock-ups the battery cover was smooth unlike the textured black one and looked a bit naff imo - but it definitely looked good from the front. In the end I went for the black one and am certainly not disappointed! :)
  14. SMFire

SMFire Member

I recently got a White SGS2 for my wife(I have the black one). I feel that the white one simply outclasses the black one. Also, the capacitive touch buttons on the white SGS2 emits a nice glow which makes it look fantastic. If looks is what your after, the white SGS2 is simply too good.

Also, though it was on an O2 contract through CPW, it came unlocked & had settings for all UK operators unlike my black SGS2 which was bought directly from O2 & has settings only for O2 PAYG & PAYM.

Either ways both phones are the same appearance aside.
  15. Lympero

Lympero Member

I want to buy the white one, but I'm afraid it won't be supported like the black one in terms of accessories... For example there is no sign of a extended battery pack with white back replacement!

Imagine a white sgs2 with extended 2000 Mah battery and an ugly black back cover! Sucks!
  16. RoRo1990

RoRo1990 Well-Known Member

You say you don't like the white yet you are asking this question...
  17. eddietse91

eddietse91 Well-Known Member

I got my white one today, I love every bit of it!! I love it more than my GF!
  18. whyboysfail

whyboysfail New Member

i have sold out my black s2 n got white trust me i m loving it screen looks bigger and very clear in white beautifull............
  19. whyboysfail

whyboysfail New Member

i dont like white phones btt after buying s2 really i m loving it in white....
  20. SSilver

SSilver New Member

Having seen the white one, I really wanted it. I then noticed that the battery cover and the glossy white are two different shades.

I didn't have much of a choice as Virgin Mobile is stocking the white one anyway.
  21. RingKing

RingKing Well-Known Member

More cases look better with the black sgs2 imo.
  22. bluejava2

bluejava2 Member

I have the white one and my partner has the black one. Both phones look great. I wouldn't trade my white one for a black one though. :)
  23. MISS DIVA

MISS DIVA Well-Known Member

My friend has a white one and its looks very sleek, the white does look better than the black....IMHO :D
  24. ryan2801

ryan2801 Member

I always thought white phones were a tad poncey until I saw the white SG2 in the flesh. It looks pure class especially with the chrome trim. And as someone on here said earlier the screen looks deceptively bigger than the black. Both phones look great however, but I was surprised at just how good the white one is. May even get one. ;)