1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Samsung Galaxy S2 @ Boost Mobile $243.59Tips

1. JuanSolid

JuanSolid Active Member

Hello Everyone!

I was browsing around and came across this at boostmobile.com

Looks like everywhere the S2 is 329.99, but at Boost once it's in your cart it's $50 off the sale price. Using promotional code HAPPYNEWYEAR13 you get 13% off. My cart looks like this.

• Promotional Discount - $36.40
    • Subtotal (before freight and tax) $ 243.59
    Wish I could price match that at bestbuy and get my rewards used on it, but oh well. For anyone looking for this phone, here is your chance to get it at the lowest price I have seen.

Advertisement
    mydian, Capn069, shezzy and 3 others like this.
  2. shezzy

shezzy Well-Known Member

I bought mine today becuz of this post...thanks!

looking forward to rooting it asap and getting the wifi tether to work..sure it'll be a headache!!
  3. bushman757

bushman757 Member

just ordered it.. was on my way to best buy 329.. you just saved me a bunch.. THANK YOU!!!
  4. ZingBot

ZingBot Well-Known Member

Maybe you can use foxfi for wireless tethering. I use it with my wife's Samsung Stratosphere and it works well.
  5. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

I just use Wifi Tether 3.2 beta. Works great and its in the google play market. For free.
  6. shezzy

shezzy Well-Known Member

I'm planning on using the FL04 rom, do I have to do any mods to get it to work? Like the device name or w/e?
  7. ZingBot

I mentioned foxfi just for a wifi tether option that does not require root.
  8. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

well I think either will be fine FL04 has better battery life than stock and is also jelly Bean, and is rooted.
  9. shezzy

shezzy Well-Known Member

Just a FYI, the $50 sale is still on but the promo code no longer works, now its 279 on boosts site..
  10. MartyMar

MartyMar Well-Known Member

In order for me to get it for $279 I have to order it online?

I might get this phone next week.
  11. shezzy

shezzy Well-Known Member

Yep..best buy is $329 atm... ashame you could of gotten another 13% off to make it around $240 a couple days ago..
  12. MartyMar

Ok, do you know if I can order online (via boost mobile) to get the deal then do a store pickup? If not I'll just pay $329 because I'm impatient lol.
  13. Codegerm

I ordered mine online and never saw an option to pick up in store, but I got mine over night and had it the very next day and that was not expensive to do either.
  14. MartyMar

Ok, I guess I'll be paying the $329 lol, I can't wait. when I get money in my hands I want what Ever I want to buy at that moment.
  15. ZingBot

It's $279.99 right now
  16. MartyMar

Only if you order it online which I'm too impatient for :p The stores here have them for $329.99
  17. FLAWLESSVW

FLAWLESSVW Well-Known Member

I think next day air was only like 10-20 bucks more or so man. You can wait a day instead of spending 50! :)
  18. MartyMar

Trust me, I can't lol. I'm also looking to buy the GS3 on MetroPCS.
  19. freesunshine

freesunshine Well-Known Member

Yep, 1 day (next day) shipping is only $5! I ordered mind around noon and got it the next day!
  20. FLAWLESSVW

FLAWLESSVW Well-Known Member

Yep I remembered that it was some ridiculously low rate for NDA. Don't you wish it was $5 for every online retailer? I'd order groceries, toilet paper, pretty much everything online lol!

How did Boost/Sprint swing that deal?
  21. prmax

prmax Well-Known Member

Just ordered my S2. Should receive it next iweek. Will immediately install the rooted one click JB FL04.
  22. shezzy

shezzy Well-Known Member

23. prmax

prmax Well-Known Member

Thanks. Will give it a go when I receive the baby this week.
  24. Codegerm

Do yourself a favor if you are activating it online pay attention to the screens. I understand that at one point it will show you your MSL number. Write that down as you will need it. The MSL number is needed to change the mms server settings on a Sprint ROM to the settings for Boost. The Apps like getmyMSL and using the getprop ril.MSL do not work on the stock ICS ROM for our phone nor do they work for the leaked JB ones.
    jackbquick123 and prmax like this.
  25. prmax

prmax Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up.