Samsung Galaxy S2 dead!Support

1. lisamm

lisamm New Member

Help please!

I left my Galaxy S2 let on and on charge overnight and this morning it was off and I cant seem to charge it or switch it on - there is no life in it at all!

Can anyone advise?? I'm desperate!

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Hello and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear that, but before assuming the worst - remove the battery from the phone and wait a few seconds then reinsert. Also, check to see that the charger is working ok and is properly connected to the phone charging port. It would be even better if you had another battery other than the one you're using. That battery could be defective and can't hold a charge. Keep us informed. Good look.
  3. dazrox

dazrox New Member

I had the same thing happen. The only difference is I let the phone run till it was completely out of power and shut itself off. After that when I put it in to charge nothing is happening on the phone. No indication of charging nothing ... dead.

I was hoping someone might have an idea what is wrong but it looks like I am going to have to take it in for repair.
  4. John Jason

John Jason Well-Known Member

This happens to me all the time. But if I leave it with the charger plugged in eventually it starts to charge and then works normally. Sometimes it has to sit for half an hour before it finally wakes up and starts to charge.

I think the issue is the battery, not the phone. I say this because I have a second genuine Samsung battery that I keep charged up. If I am in a hurry and can't wait for it to charge up I put the other battery in it and it comes to life immediately.
  5. Xerses

Xerses Well-Known Member

Your problem is most likely battery related. I let my phone run out sometimes and it always charges immediately. It sounds like your phone runs out at the very bottom of the charge and is completely depleting the battery. This is not great for the battery and will cause the symptom you are describing. As the member above indicated, if you leave it charging for a long period of time you may get it to come back to life, but your battery may be dead.
  6. kukistars

kukistars New Member

have you got the solution??
    i got the same problem now and went to samsung service centre..my phone is out of warranty..its costing really high...around 10000 rupees /200 us dollars..plz let me know if u hav d solution asap..thnx