• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S2 detects charger input but does not get charged

pallabip

Lurker
Mar 1, 2014
Hi,

My Samsung Galaxy S2 is not getting charged.
I kept it for charging for almost 2 hours, but did not notice it wasnt getting charged, and it got switched off due to low battery.

Now its switched off, and when I am putting it on charge it is not showing the charging indications that comes on switched off mode. But all of a sudden, it switches itself on, shows the phone has critical battery and is getting charged, and in no time shuts down on its own. after a few seconds it switches on again and this process continues all by itself repeatedly.

WHat should I do with my phone??!?!?!
Please someone suggest

I'd leave it, turned off, charging at least overnight. A fully discharged battery (as fully discharged as the phone will allow, anyway) will not get much charge in the first couple of hours. If it doesn't have at least 10-20% charge by tomorrow morning, you may have a problem. (It could be as simple as a bad charger or a bad cord or it could be as bad as something on the motherboard.)

Reactions: Mapiko and pallabip
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones