• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S2 firmware update phone crash

didcro

Lurker
Mar 20, 2012
Help if you can?
I have just been trying to update the firmware for the phone via Kies and the update was going slowly but now the phone has stopped working and cannot be rebooted.
All it has on the screen is a symbol for the phone and a symbol for the computer with a dotted line between the two and an yellow triangle in the middle with an exclamation mark!
Has anyone had this and is there a solution other than replacing the phone?

thanks

I'm going to take a random guess as I haven't seen the screen that the issue comes from a disconnection at some point in the update process. The picture as you describe it would hint at an issue where the phone is in what's called download mode. The phone is actively waiting for the rest of the software to be pushed to it by the computer. If the disconnect interrupted something crucial like the boot loader of the phone there's not much you could do other than trying to push it something stock from ODIN. The process for that varies from device to device, and in some cases it may just be easier to take it back to sprint for a swap/referb.

Upvote 0
This is what the OP is referring too. I have it right now on my galaxy player.

6c345ca6-938f-8fc8.jpg

There is a fix for this called OneClickUnbrick.
I've downloaded everything I need to do it; just exhausted from actually finding a potential solution.

Upvote 0
I'm going to take a random guess as I haven't seen the screen that the issue comes from a disconnection at some point in the update process. The picture as you describe it would hint at an issue where the phone is in what's called download mode. The phone is actively waiting for the rest of the software to be pushed to it by the computer. If the disconnect interrupted something crucial like the boot loader of the phone there's not much you could do other than trying to push it something stock from ODIN. The process for that varies from device to device, and in some cases it may just be easier to take it back to sprint for a swap/referb.

I think you're on the money here. The disconnect happened during something crucial.
My advice, if it looks like it's taking too long, leave it alone and let it take as long as it needs. User intervention or lack of patience will cause this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones